Friday, December 14, 2007

A Good Recipe - Pork Tenderloin

First off, it is still up in the air for me whether pork is white or red meat. It looks red when I get it but then it cooks to a brownish white...but so does steak. I'm not sure what to think (commercial say pork is "the other white meat" but commercials also told me that the Maytag repair man is never repairing and Consumer Reports tells me Maytag lies, so I'm not sure who to believe). But I made this recipe which I found on www.allrecipes.com (my new friend, I also found an amazing taco soup recipe there)


3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
salt and pepper to taste
2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup white wine (I used chicken broth, but there are a variety of substitutes, google it)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Crush garlic with rosemary, salt and pepper, making a paste. Pierce meat with a sharp knife in several places and press the garlic paste into the openings. Rub the meat with the remaining garlic mixture and olive oil.

Place pork loin into oven for 2 hours (use a meat thermometer, ours was done after 1 1/2 hours, I also added the chicken broth at this point, just poured it in the bottom of the pan), turning (hey I forgot to turn it, that would have made it better) and basting with pan liquids. After 2 hours remove roast to a platter.

Heat the wine in the pan and stir to loosen browned bits of food on the bottom. Serve with pan juices. (Okay for this I actually took the juices/chicken stock mixture and put it in a sauce pan, added cornstarch, salt and pepper, and made gravy out of it)


It was so amazing. If you don't like garlic...don't make this. Its so garlicky. But I liked it a lot. Pork is pretty cheap (I think this 2 1/2 pound pork loin we bought was 7.00 and it made dinner and lunch for both of us and there's still enough left for one more lunch)

1 little remarks:

Amy said...

allrecipes.com is my favorite! I will look up a recipe and then refine by the rating and I usually end up making the recipe rated the highest. People think I am a good cook but I just do my research!
I will have to try this recipe I am always looking for a new recipe.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin