Saturday, December 29, 2007

Photography and One of My Pet Peeves

For a long time now I've wanted to work on my photography. I have a couple of friends who are really into it. Like my friend Chris who is amazing at landscape shots. I think his photography is really nice in general. So I bought a digital photography book for my birthday and have been researching what kind of camera to buy. Now we're saving $50.00 a month until next Christmas and planning on buying either a Nikon D40 or a Rebel XTI. From all the recommendations I can find both of those seem to be great cameras. For now I'll just keep checking out photography books from the library. I'm super excited.

Now on to one of my pet peeves. I hate how some photographers don't allow you to buy the high resolution photos of your session/event and they hold them hostage and insist you pay ridiculous prices for prints. I heard from one photographer that when they shot film this was necessary to cover the costs of film and whatnot, which sort of makes sense. But since today most photographers use digital this is just ridiculous. From now on we'll only use photographers that either automatically include them or allow you to buy the rights. This was how our wedding photographer did it and more and more other photographers include it.

1 little remarks:

Nerak said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment. It's great to see what you guys are up to! (P.s. I have the Canon Rebel XT and LOVE it.)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin