Thursday, January 31, 2008

What an Amazing Man

President Gordon B. Hinckley has been the prophet of my church since 1995---a large portion of my life. He passed away on Sunday and will be sorely missed. I was so pleased to read this collection of statements from many individuals who are not members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (politicians, religious leaders, and the like). A few of these individuals are members of our faith but many are not. We will surely miss him. He was not only an immensely inspiring person for many reasons, but also incredibly witty and just a pleasure to watch lead our church. I couldn't not say something about him. Here's a picture, for those of you who may not know who he was. And below is my favorite quote from President Hinckley.

"I believe in the family where there is a husband who regards his companion as his greatest asset and treats her accordingly; where there is a wife who looks upon her husband as her anchor and strength, her comfort and security...The cultivation of such a home requires effort and energy, forgiveness and patience, love and endurance and sacrifice; but it is worth all of these and more."

1 little remarks:

Heather said...

Well said! I'm so glad that President Hinckley gets to be with his sweet wife again! It was so sad to see him without her.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin