Thursday, February 28, 2008

Blog Design DONE...for a while at least

Okay so I've been experimenting/frustrating with blog designing. But tonight when I got home from school at 8pm (that's right I got there at 9:30am) I decided to take some time off and watch American Idol and redesign the blog properly once and for all. You can find the notes on how to redesign on the sidebar, very bottom. Its VERY straightforward. Plan an hour and you should be able to do it start to finish. Good luck!

Oh and for those of you using pyzam, I know I've told at least one of you I'd let you know how to get rid of that annoying orange bar, I did it a long time ago, but try the following.

Go to edit HTML under the layout tab.

First save your template, then if anything goes wrong you can "undo" it by uploading that template again. Then go to edit the html. Click ctrl-f and search for "Click here for thousands" which should take you to the "orange annoying section" of the code. Then go to the top of the section. It sthould start with a <>

I tried to copy and past the code itself but the "post editor" kept turning the html into what it should look like...not helpful. Just experiment, be confident and before you ever "save changes" make sure you preview to see if you screwed anything up.

Try that, it should work. And then go to that blog redesign site on my sidebar and it'll teach you how to widen the main text are and other minor changes. Very cool

2 little remarks:

Beazer said...

Ok Anna- I'm going to have you come and help me get ours more exciting once we get home. We're still using the boring basic layout. Miss you guys!

Aliese Fry said...

I love messin' with my blog background and layout (obviously)! I'll definitely have to check out the Shabby Princess site you used.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin