Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

Hmm...a few of my favorite things--dressing up including doing my hair and makeup---probably because I never do, and going out as in OUT somewhere for a date (which we rarely do...hopefully we'll do it more in the future). So st night we went to the symphony which was lovely. I like the symphony though I'll admit that I only really love it like half the time. LOts of times I don't understand what's "going on" in the symphony and so after an hour I am bored. But this time we went to "Awards Night" with the Columbus Symphony pops. They played songs that had won a Tony, Grammy, or Academy Award. There was a soloist who sang with some of them, but the best ones included no singing at all. The most fun if you ask me was 2001 a Space Oddessy...that guy in the back with the big drum looked like a little kid pounding on the drums. I leaned over to Joe and said, "I think this song is the reason he decided to get into drumming." They also played the Star Wars theme, which was awesome. And the hall was absolutely beautiful. We had a really nice time.
It was even nicer because our tickets were only $5.00 each. Students at Ohio State University can get discounts on a lot of community events. If you go to OSU you can check out what they are currently selling at
http://www.explorecolumbus.com/


And just to round out the post:
Here is Joe outside the theatre after the show...that's right, he's 29 years old.

6 little remarks:

Scarehaircare said...

you should email Christie about what they used to do as students in Cleveland atCase Western. They always had cheap or free tix to really cool places.

Yes, you should go out more often. I love getting dressed in what I call "Date clothes" (as opposed to "Mommy clothes"). Glad you had a great time at the symphony. Its always better when you recognize the music.)

Scarehaircare said...

Forgot to add: please email me and tell me how to get the annoying orange line off my blog. TIA!

Aliese Fry said...

I love getting dressed up to go out too! It makes dates THAT much more special.

Heather said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed the symphony. I've only been once, but I have been to a few operas, and LOVE that! It's always nice to be able to go out and do something other than a movie & dinner - although that's fun too.

Amy said...

Sounds like fun! I am sure it was nice to take a brake from reading and math homework.

paul said...

Here is the sound that goes with Joe's face in that picture: HARRUMPH!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin