Saturday, February 23, 2008

I like crafty things

Well with spring break approaching (hallelujah!). I'll have a week off to clean the house, catch up on things, cook more real meals, go to the gym, and hopefully...do crafty things. As such I am looking for crafty projects. I've considered making cards since I always have use for cards and rarely have time to make them the moment I need them. But I also thought I'd ask those of you who read this for input.

So, what is one project you think I should do over spring break?--links to tutorials or recipes would also be helpful.

Also, while I'm at it, does anyone know a good way for me to learn how to use Photoshop? I want to learn, but I'm not sure I have the time for a class at the university. If you know of any community-type classes (in Columbus) or good how-to websites or books, let me know.

Awesome

9 little remarks:

Aliese Fry said...

Oh my word, Anna...You make me laugh. I don't have any crafty words of wisdom for you yet, but I'll try to think of something. Why you make me laugh: my possessed blog. Have you looked at that site closely? Fabulous stuff! LoL Needless to say, it brought a little warmth to my heart.

Tiff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiff said...

Well, I have some tutorials that teach how to scrapbook in Photoshop, but maybe they would help with other things too...

I think you should do the craft of the day for each day of spring break. (Gotta love Martha...)

http://www.marthastewart.com/craft-of-the-day

And I totally emailed her "people" and told them to make a blog widget of this. Maybe someday it will happen. :)

(Sorry I had to delete the first one because the link was a little funky)

Michael said...

Craft Suggestion

Great graphic design blog with tutorials

Cousin Michael

:-)

Davis Strong Family said...

I have no ideas on the craft thing...sorry. I wish I had a spring break to do fun things. LOL But, I do have some great recipes I'll pass your way. Start looking for an email.

Ali said...

My "craft" of choice for a whole week off would be copying down recipes and filing them. I have a TON of recipes circled in my Taste of Home magazines (a great resource, by the way) and I need to copy them ALL down!! Yeah for a week off-make sure you above all things, sleep in.

Amy said...

I don't have many craft ideas. Making cards would be nice if I had time to do it. I was excited about the above comment... I am always looking for new places to find recipes. My favorite way of doing recipes is looking online and I just keep my recipes filed in my inbox of my email. I hate copying recipes down on to notecards and so this works great for me. I will send you some great recipes that I have tried.

Heather said...

Well, if you have a lot of time on your hands you can learn to faux paint, and repaint your house! One time I went to an enrichment night where we learned how to faux paint - and it's actually not extremely difficult, just time consuming. The people who lived in our house before us faux painted every wall, and I LOVE it! I've always thought that it would be a very rewarding project if I had the time to do it!

miryam said...

Do you know how to knit? It's fun and satisfying, and everyone you know will suddenly be very well equipped with scarves.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin