Saturday, February 2, 2008

Trouble waking up? Try cold water in the face!

So, have you ever just snickered as you thought about waking someone up with a cup of cold water in the face? But you didn't do it...right? Because that would be cruel, of course! Well, last night we fell asleep with the night-stand lamp still on. When I awoke at about 3am, I decided the light should be turned off. So, I very carefully reached over Anna (trying very hard not to wake her up, of course). Now, it's always nice to have water available when you get thirsty, right? So we keep a glass of water on the night stand...right next to the lamp. Well, right after I flipped the switch, as I was leaning over Anna, I...kind of...lost my balance, and...oops! I didn't actually see it happen (because it was dark), but I heard the splash of water! I felt sooooooo bad! I'm really sorry, Baby!!! So, Anna was startled awake to cold water in her face and me apologizing profusely. Hopefully, we'll be able to look back and laugh at this one, right???

2 little remarks:

Ali said...

I laughed out loud when I read this@! I can't even imagine the feeling, that would be so scary/shocking/uncomfortable....I bet it took her a LONG while to fall back asleep!!

Amy said...

If that had happened to me I would have been laughing that night! Joe you are too funny!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin