Saturday, March 1, 2008

I am in Love...and I'm not talking about my husband

So Joe goes out and gets the mail today and behold he returns with a catalog. I like catalogs, they are a lovely waste of my precious time, luckily I don't get many at this address---yet. I adore the Pottery Barn catalog, I love the anthropologie catalog, and I love the Pier 1 catalog and so on and so forth. (This may come as a surprise to those of you who go to grad school with me as I:
1. never do more with my hair than blow dry,
2. never wear makeup, and
3. never am wearing an outfit that looks as if all components were bought to go together. But really I give myself a break because

1. I'd rather sleep than look good--and with how late I end up studying and my insistance on a life beyond political science there comes a tradeoff between sleep and looking good. and
2. I lost a lot of my cute clothes with the moving van. and
3. I did my hair at least 3 times this quarter and I usually do it on Sundays too.)

Well I forgot that I signed myself up to receive this catalog. I knew I liked this company, I fell in love with Down East because they have great camisoles to go under other shirts. I knew they had cute clothes, but their upcoming spring line is AMAZING, even better than what they've had thus far. I pretty much want to buy the whole catalog, which is, of course, out of the question. But if I could I would. Their clothes are modest and beautiful and remind me of anthropologie---but not so "out there." And did I mention their clothes are CHEAP (we're talking 34.99 for a dress...come on now). Here is a slide show of the clothes of theirs I love--unfortunately some of the items from the catalog haven't made it onto the website yet. But here's a sampling.

8 little remarks:

Aliese Fry said...

I do love Down East as well! Also, check out Shade. They are my favorite camisoles (I usually just buy the 3-pack for $30--but they have way better deals throughout the year), and longger, more modest shirts. SO CHEAP! I just buy them online, but there was a shipment at Costco's and I bought some there too.

Graham & Heather said...

Wow, that is some way cute stuff. Thanks for the great tip!

The Ohio Leavitt's said...

Anna, I have this bad habit of blog stocking. I found your blog from Kristina's. I love your backgrounds. I heard of another cool clothing company from Stephanie in church today, layersclothing.com. Their clearance is cheap. I hope you have a good week and can finish your 50+ reading/writing pages in the next couple weeks. If you find some time (after the quarter, our blog is jarinandnancyleavitt.blogspot)
Nancy Leavitt

Laura said...

super cute...i'll have to check them out. p.s. fabulous anthro dress yesterday!

dibble family said...

ANNA! I haven't seen you (or even a pic) in ages! It's so fun to see how you're doing and what's going on in your busy life. I'm incredibly impressed that you're in grad school, way to go! You and your husband look so happy! I'm glad that you got the Down East catalog. I love their store, they have an outlet in Draper and I'm a big fan.

Laura (Babcock) Dibble :)

Ali said...

Oooh, I love that first skirt that you pictured there...I have a love for Layers Clothing like your love for downeast and I also shop their clearance. Unfortunately now though, 90percent of my outfits and swimwear is from there and I live in UTAH. Real original of me, huh? I can't wait to get out of Utah so I can be less like so many others around me...is that so bad??

BuckeyeDefay said...

I also want the whole catalog! I'm sick of being a student, I want to go shopping :)

Heather said...

That's it! I'm signing up for the Down East catalog as well!!! I've only ever seen their plane long shirts and camis - I didn't even know that they sell dresses. Cute stuff!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin