Saturday, March 8, 2008

Ohioans + Snow = State Shuts Down

So according to the local news we've had 16 inches of snow over the past 2 days. Yeah, that's right, 16 inches. Yesterday I stayed home and worked on stuff and so I was planning on heading in today to school for a study group and some seriously productive writing. But alas, there was a level 3 snow emergency which means only emergency vehicles are on the roads and though the buses are technically running I wasn't willing to wait the 1/2 hour to 45 minutes in the snow because you can bet that they are not on any sort of schedule. So total bummer. Stuck at home when I wanted to just be in my office writing like a madwoman.
Good news, I've still been writing and I'm not as near a nervous breakdown as I was yesterday. On the whole this quarter has gone better than last, but I'm still not used to how fast the quarter flies by. So by the time my brain naturally starts kicking in on "you'd better start working on that big project" the quarter is almost over. I'm hoping I can reset my natural academic panic clock. We'll see.

Oh and here are some pictures of the snow. It has mostly stopped now, but the streets are still a mess. Luckily (for my safety) church was cancelled for tomorrow, so I won't have to dig out until later in the day to go get Joe. I did steal these pictures off of Nancy's blog since Joe has our camera in LA (another lovely bonus of the snow 75% of flights were cancelled including Joe's, so he doesn't get back til tomorrow)

7 little remarks:

Ariel said...

Thanks for your sweet comments. Hope you got caught up with the snow days. Good luck with finals

Amy said...

I find it funny how in other states things are completely shut down because it snowed. It doesn't seem to matter how much snow. Utah would be shut down most of the winter season if we followed other states. I understand the reasoning behind it all but I still find it funny.

Malinovka said...

I thought those pictures looked like a place other than where you live!! Hope your reunion with Joe is warm. :) We missed having you over for Russian night, so we'll have to do something together after you finish your paper. :)

Robyn

Nerak said...

That is CRAZY amounts of snow!! WOW.

Heather said...

That's crazy! It would be so weird to have EVERYTHING shut down like that because of snow! Glad that you're not as stressed about school now! You're a genious - you'll be fine no matter what! :)

Heather said...

So I have to ask, is the Ariel who left a comment here Ariel Thrapp? Just curious - if it is her, tell her to leave a comment on my blog - it's always fun to hear what old friends from middle & high school are up to these days....

Brandon said...

Ohio is full of girly-men. And girly-women. Rexburg would cease to exist if we followed their policies on snow.

On a related note, it's snowing like mad here right now. Bad times.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin