Wednesday, March 12, 2008

There's just a lot going on...


So its been an emotional few weeks around here---finals, need I say more. Anyway, tonight to de-stress Joe and I watched October Road (a television show on ABC) and laughed so hard at something we watched it like four times.


So a little background. There are two brothers on the show. The older one is dating the girl in this picture, but he takes off to leave for 5 months. So his younger brother is in love with the same girl and completely confesses it to her, 5 seconds later his older brother returns to say he's not leaving after all....uh....awkward.


So this quote is the younger brother's way of backpedaling. I wish I could have found it on youtube, but no such luck. Part of the humor is in the delivery, so you really should watch the episode, but just look at this quote. Its a list of sorts and all I have to say is "one of these things is not like the others" I hope you find it as funny as we did. But probably we're just nerds. I love the random.
"So about what I said earlier, I was emotional. I mean my dad’s sick and Ray’s marrying Hannah and Eddie’s beat up in the hospital…there’s no more Harry Potter books. I mean there’s just a lot going on, that I---kiss---"
Seriously, on top of everything else I have going on...."why aren't there any more Harry Potter Books!" I know, Twilight, I'll read Twilight.


5 little remarks:

Nerak said...

Ha! With October Road being one of the few tv shows with new episodes, we've totally been watching too. I also laughed really hard at the no harry potter books. when you think about it, it's quite devastating.

Amy said...

We will have to check it out. The quote sounds a little like a soap opera.

Aliese Fry said...

Yeah, I started confessing my love to everyone I met after I finished the Harry Potter books too...

Ali said...

Hhmm, I sure do trust your love of shows after a Gilmore Girls obsession and rub-off onto your roomies...I'll have to check this one out~

Jill said...

Below is a link to the message boards for October Road . It was announced today that there is a 50/50 chance for a third season of October Road, and it mostly depends on us, the fans to bring it back. Below is a link to the abc October Road Message boards. You will find many resources to help save the show as well as many other OR related posts. I hope to see you there! We can do this! We have had a huge response so far!

http://abc.go.com/primetime/octoberroad/index?pn=mb&cat=41338

You can also access the message boards if you go to abc.com under "Primetime" and chosse october road. We need all the support we can get! Thanks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin