Saturday, March 15, 2008

You may want to sit down because this might come as quite a shock


So...just to update those of you I don't talk to regularly beyond the blogging world---Joe and I are moving back to Utah. I know, drama. Its been a crazy whirlwind of decision. I really love school---Joe says I'm addicted to school---but I don't think the PhD is the best fit for me. Its kind of a hard decision to explain. Lets just say it was the combination of a million different factors that when you added them all up meant that my happiness did not lie in continuing my doctorate, and for that matter, remaining in Ohio. So we are moving back to Utah in the next few weeks. We have no regrets. We both learned a lot about ourselves and about life, things we probably could not have learned any other way. And just so you know---we will NOT be using a Penske truck this time. Lol.

p.s. this photo is one my dad sent me today via email---it made me laugh. His email said, "I only told one person . I don't know how the news is spreading so fast. But I got a big hug waiting. Love, Dad"

p.p.s. For those of you who live in Ohio, if you're interested in living next door to the fabulous Beazers, we really want to make sure they have good neighbors---they are fabulous and wonderful and living in Clintonville is really fun. So if your lease is up in the next couple months and you're interested, call me we can talk about rent, etc.

11 little remarks:

Aliese Fry said...

Wow! I was definitely not expecting to read that! However, I think it's fantastic. I'm definitely one of those people who strongly believes in being happy and making sure there aren't too many things which impede on that plan. So what will you two be doing when you're back? Do you have any idea where you're going to be living and such?

Leilani said...

Wow, what a big change. Hope the move goes smoother this time! I hope I get to see you in Utah!

Ali said...

That IS huge news...such big changes! I will pray for a better move for you guys. I really want to know how your Dad found that picture!

Scarehaircare said...

Wow! WTG on making those decisions that are best for you now. So what it next?

Ariel said...

Anna, Oh how I miss you and Joe. It has been such a fun reunion.
I am very happy for you though. You have to do what is right for you and your fam.

Eddie told us tonight and I was definitely mourning. I hope we will get to party before you leave. And of course our 10 year HS reunion is just around the corner. It's not like this is goodbye forever.

The Snavelys said...

Anna, I'm so sad to hear the news! We will miss you guys! When will you be leaving?

dibble family said...

I'm impressed that you were able to make such a big decision! And I'm glad that you're coming back to Utah! Now maybe we can catch up! Travel oh so safely!

Nerak said...

Wow! Big decision! Good for you, you'll do well wherever you go, honey!

Felicity said...

Well, for those of us in Utah, this is a good development :) Lucky us!!

Heather said...

Wahoo! I'm so glad that you're going to come back here where you'll be happier! I'm sure that your family is ectastic! We'll have to double some time!

Amy said...

I am so happy you guys are coming back!!! The sign your Dad has up is hilarious. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with the move.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin