Monday, April 28, 2008

I think it's time to quilt again

Since I am back in Utah and since it has been several years since I have made a quilt and since I read a post on Stephanie's blog that inspired me, I think I'm going to start quilting again.

In particular I loved the fabric store Stephanie reviewed. I usually shop for my fabric at large chain stores, but I think I'm going to have to splurge and go find some cool modern fabric to make my next quilt. I'm really into the bright geometric designs lately and I like the stuff with a retro twist too. Do any of you have some fabric shop suggestions?



Upon reading Steph's blog I checked out www.amybutlerdesign.com an act that has now added quite a few things to my crafting to do list. First and foremost is a quilt, and I'm considering some of the free patterns she has on her website (though I don't think I can afford to do it all in her fabric, plus my taste is more a cross between her fabrics and a more classic look). I also want to make one of these adorable bags and don't you think an apron would look adorable out of fabric like this.

But how can you not be in love with fabrics such as these (for more details check out her website, though she doesn't sell directly there are some links to online retailers and local stores that sell her stuff.)

So thanks Stephanie for always so being in the know and letting me blog stalk you for inspiration (and to catch more adorable photos of Creed, who is as I have said often, an adorable baby--love that smile)

2 little remarks:

Heather said...

My goodness Anna - is there anything you can't do?! :) When I want a quilt I just go and buy one, so I respect your talent!

Steph said...

Anna, I don't know much about fabric shopping in Salt Lake, but I love the fabric shop at Gardner's Village. I don't know if they carry Amy Butler, but they do have a great selection. You could always check Amy's site for local stores that carry her fabric.

Good luck sewing. I can't wait to see what you com eup with!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin