Sunday, April 6, 2008

I'm in love with my husband AND a vampire


I hate following trends in books. It makes me feel like a sheep. So, I try so hard to resist, don't ask me why. I just do. I did it with Harry Potter and I did it with Twilight. Then just before I left Ohio I succumbed to tempation and bought the paperback of Twilight to "read on the plane." I then proceeded to read the entire thing in 3 days. I got to Utah and quickly purchased the next two. I have finished them both (except for a section of New Moon which I skipped because the Bella/Edward separation was depressing me to no end). The end result is this---I am in love with a vampire. Joe thinks its strange that I am in love with a fictional character, but I'm not sure why. In fact he knows that I am already quite in love with most of the Jane Austen men and a variety of characters from chick flicks including but not limited to Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca, Gregory Peck or Cary Grant in anything, Matthew McConnaughay in The Wedding Planner...I really could go on and on. Not surprisingly Darcy has been a favorite, but Edward Cullen is oh so fabulous. Though I find it hard to believe that cuddling with an icy rock would be enjoyable. So if you have not read them yet, read the Twilight series. Three books out, a fourth to come this summer, a movie on the way, and sneak peeks to future books on her website (www.stepheniemeyer.com)

As a side note, I still think my husband is the best darn real man alive and its nothing short of a miracle that I snagged someone so perfect for me

4 little remarks:

Heather said...

I LOVE Twilight too!!! I finished all 3 books in about 2 weeks! It drove my husband crazy because I couln't set the dang books down!

On a side note - I made my blog private, and I don't have your email address. Will you send it to me when you get a chance so that I can invite you? My email is heatherswanson20 at yahoo dot com

Scarehaircare said...

I had a hard time with the Twilight series. The teen logic somehow escapes me.

However, I have had a huge crush on Darcy since soph year in high school. I was asked to read the part of Elizabeth during the first proposal scene. Guess who read Mr. Darcy's part? Mr. Wonderful, of course. I was so flustered that my teacher marveled at my acting talents. LOL! Turns out that my Mr. Darcy REALLY is my Mr. Darcy. We found that out last year when his parents were researching a family history line. Mr. Wonderful has kept the nickname (only for me, though) since HS.

Ariel said...

I knew you would love Edward if you gave him a chance. He and Mr. Darcy are irresistable.

Amy said...

So many people I know love this series. I will have to check it out.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin