Friday, May 2, 2008

36% of their Citizens Ride Their Bikes DAILY

So I've known for a long time that politically speaking I'm more of a european than an American (though I'm still patriotic, don't get me wrong, I'm just far left of many Americans on some key issues, whereas in Europe I'd be a conservative).

But here's yet another thing to love/covet about Europe. It's a blog all about biking in Copenhagen. They have these amazing bike paths---and people bike in their work clothes, not just in spandez and special biking shoes. I think it's a very cool cultural thing--"Bike Advocacy in High Heels." I'd like to bike more places but biking in the U.S. is hard to do---things are so far apart and there are few bike lanes so its dangerous. Luckily right now Joe and I live near the Jordan River Parkway and so we can bike more easily and safely. And its warming up. Hallelujah.

0 little remarks:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin