Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Baby Quilt Continues

So, admittedly, I'm not super fond of this quilt. I guess because the colors are sooo bright. I kind of wanted a different color palatte (sp?), but I was limited by budget. I couldn't spend much money so I went to Walmart whose fabric is much cheaper and this was the best thing they had (note: had this friend been having a girl there was such great trendy adorable fabric, but for boys, nada). So here you have it, my tester baby quilt to get me back into quilting. This is the top 90% complete. Hopefully, the whol thing will be done in about a week. I'm actually going to hand quilt it because I think having ties sticking up off it might be annoying to a baby, but then maybe it'd be a toy. Who knows. But I need practice at hand quilting. So without further ado, here's the pics. Don't look too close, I should be more proactive with the seam ripper and redoing things, but I'm not.


3 little remarks:

Aliese Fry said...

I think it's fun! I'm especially fond of the monkeys and beach balls; however, I concur that "little boy" fabrics aren't QUITE as much fun to shop for as "little girl" fabrics. Question: HOW do you hand quilt? I've never done it and I've never tried...You'd think I know this because I sew rather frequently, but I've always just tied my quilts! I'm definitely open to suggestions.

Ali said...

Kudos to you! This is has been on my to-do list for FOREVER. I love quilting... but it's super time consuming planning and purchasing it all- I like the bright colors! (baby will too)

Laura said...

This supports my theory that boys are actually more expensive than girls. You can find cute girl stuff anywhere and pick and choose your great deals. Boy stuff is another story. You can easily find a great deal on a boy outfit, but it will most likely have a huge dinosaur or big football plastered all over. So to find something inexpensive but still attractive is WAY more challenging. That being said - I really do like the monkeys!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin