Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Crazy Chicken and a Cute Baby

So after my request for recipes from you all I got a bunch. I tried this one out that Holly sent me. It was actually really good. Spicier than I expected (I underestimated the power of the red pepper flakes). Here's the chicken before I threw it in the cream sauce with the pasta. Excellent. I recommend you try it. I made it with half and half to cut the calories, but its still a splurge. I'm not sure if it's really from the Olive Garden, but that's what the recipe calls it.

Olive Garden Chicken Con Broccoli
1 lb. chicken breasts
2 t. olive oil
1 lb. orecchiette pasta
1 quart heavy whipping cream or half and half
½ c. butter
4 t. minced garlic
4 t. cornstarch
2 c. broccoli florets Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
½ c. Parmesan cheese Spice Mixture
1-2 t. dried basil, parsley, and rosemary
1/2 t. Red pepper flakes salt and pepper to taste
Combine ingredients from spice mixture. Rub onto the chicken breasts. Cook chicken in the olive oil till done and browned, set aside.
Cook orecchiette in a large pot of boiling salted water until "almost" done. Drain, and return pasta to pot.
Stir butter or margarine, and garlic into a sauté pan. Cook till garlic caramelizes, then add the cream and the cornstarch on medium heat till it thickens to a sauce and add to the pasta.
Stir chicken, and broccoli into the pasta.
Simmer until pasta are done, and remove from heat.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste.

And for your viewing pleasure some pics of our friend's and their baby Eli. Okay so you can't see Brian (who is now teaching Joe martial arts and thus fulfilling Joe's lifelong dream of being the next Karate Kid. If you are interested or have kids who want to learn Brian is super good and teaches classes.) Eli was cracking me up with the pasta. I kept trying to capture him with the noodles spilling out of his mouth but I always snapped the shot at the wrong moment and got him with his hand shoving them back in.

Posted by Picasa

2 little remarks:

Scarehaircare said...

Cut the calories more by using fat free half-n-half (Land O'Lakes) and light butter. I will be trying this one. Yum!

Leilani said...

awww, I coulda been with you guys.....dang it

Blog Widget by LinkWithin