Monday, May 12, 2008

I'm Thinking of Hosting a Party

So when I was in Ohio I was in a Stampin Up club where we met once a month and we'd buy Stampin Up stuff and do a project (it was only a $15 a month commitment, which was a splurge, but it let me replace some of my lost crafting stuff---and I have been using it so its justified). I really enjoyed Stampin Up and there was no pressure because we all knew we had committed to a certain amount. Other than Stampin Up I never host parties, not because I don't like the products--there are so many cute craft lines, clothing lines, and kitchen stuff. I just have been too poor to really purchase stuff (This reminds me Holly, I've been eyeing those ModBe swim suits and I might get one before my vacation later this summer--and after I've lost a few pounds).

Well, today my friend Emily showed me a product that she bought at a party like this and the pricing is really reasonable. So I'm thinking of throwing a party, but I'm not sure. I didn't want to send out invites to people and have them feel obligated. So if you are interested let me know, if not enough people are I'll just contact them and purchase what I want.

Anyway, I like quotes. I like using words in my crafts, especially cards. When I was younger I had quotes hung all over my bedroom. I think I get it from my mom. My mom had quotes all over the house. Quotes by church leaders, uplifting thoughts. I remember on the microwave there was a sign that said "Everything will be all right in the end, if it's not alright, it's not the end."

So I was delighted to hear about this company called Uppercase Living that has these phrases and images that you can adhere to your wall. I like the look of it. Even cooler, you can do custom phrases (or your family's name) and in a variety of fonts and colors. I've seen a lot of these at stores that are attached to wooden boards, but I like the idea of it directly on the wall or attached to glass and framed and I like the idea of coming up with my own phrases that I like rather than using the ones they've chosen (many of which are rather cheesy, at least for me).

Anyway, what do you think, do you like this product? Cool?

6 little remarks:

Tannie Datwyler said...

That would be fun. I would love to get together since I haven't seen you in probably 5 years (since I got married I think).

Aliese Fry said...

I think they're awesome! If you did a party, I would totally order stuff from them so you could get your free merchandise (if they do that sort of thing)...I just don't know if I'd be un in that area for the party, so you'd have to send me stuff. I love it though!

Amy said...

Since I don't have a place of my own yet, and probably won't have my own house for awhile, I think I would probably hold off, but is the stuff vinyl that I could peel off and move from place to place or permanent? That's what would depend for me being a fan or not...

Holly Strong said...

I would come. Now that we are in the new house, I need some cute stuff like this. As a for a suit, let me know when you want one, they have a warehouse in Orem that you can just go and grab it. Much nicer than having to wait, it takes about 2 weeks to ship. Let me know when you want to look at them. I have a few.

Jessie said...

I hear that the vinyl stuff will peel off, but can't be re-adhered once removed. I have a friend who has them all over her walls, and they really are a lot of fun, and very cute. We've done a bunch of these types of things for enrichment nights, and they're lots of fun. I personally am a bigger fan of putting it on boards, though, because we have textured walls, so it wouldn't go on very well here, and because once you move, you have to buy it again. But yeah, we've done it on boards and tiles, and both work great. I'd definitely be there if you did a party.

Christie said...

Way cute! I want some.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin