Saturday, May 24, 2008

The More Things Change ...

The more they stay the same. Last night Tara and I hosted a get together for our friends from high school (the "Braintrust" for you WJHS alumni) and their spouses. Since there wasn't much going on except eating and visiting I forgot to whip out the camera until the end and a lot of people had already left, so I got none of cute Melinda and Desi, Tara and her boy Brice, Becky and her husband and two kids...and who knows who else. I missed a lot. Guess we'll have to have another one sometime in the not too distant future. (If anyone else has pictures send them to me, I'd love to have them: annabergevin@gmail.com)

I'll put captions by the pics for all of you who have no idea who these people are---especially since some of my blog readers who are friends from high school too might actually be interested.

This one is Heidi (Paul Nielson's wife) and Diane watching baby Sydney (Paul & Heidi's 4 month old daughter) on the floor, who you can't see. And then Eric Stevenson (Brooke Barrus' husband) and my brother Paul. Jake Geertsen is on the edge of the photo.



Trevor Wasden, Derek Anderson, and Jamie Anderson (formerly Howlett, also of WJHS). Jamie and Derek will soon be leaving us to move to NYC for graduate school---hooray for big temporary adventures.



Paul Nielsen & Steve Dalton...seriously these boys haven't aged much in looks. They are more mature, but some things they said just made me laugh and realize why we'd always been such good friends and how deep down they really haven't changed all that much (which is a good thing since they were already fabulous).



Heidi, Diane, and Eric again, but this time you can see baby Sydney.


Me, Rachel (Trevor Wasden's cute wife) and Brooke (who will be having a baby sometime in the next month, a boy!)
Joe and I...this picture was taken by surprise, thus the reason I look so fabulous...well, Joe looks good!
It really was a lot of fun. And with most of us married we are running out of wedding receptions at which we can catch up, so it was a great idea. Thanks to Tara for letting me help her plan it. We really missed our friends who couldn't make it, but with over 20 people I think the party was a success. I'm so glad my friends married such fabulous people so we could all get together and do nothing but eat and talk for almost five hours!? It's just too bad the weather was so cold so we couldn't do it all in Grandma's big backyard.

5 little remarks:

Aliese Fry said...

I'm so ridiculously sad that we didn't get to come. However, I am rather glad that you posted some pictures so I could attend from a distance! Looks like everyone had a fabulous time.

Ariel said...

You're right, I wish I was there. I always yearned to be a Brain Truster. I didn't know Paul had a baby. I love the blog world.

Joe & Tena said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! Wish we could have been there. Next party is at our house (in Houston).

Colby and Meredith said...

How fun! I do love the last picture of you Anna- you've got to love the element of surprise.

Heather said...

I'm so glad that you posted about this! I love seeing the pictures of everyone! Looks like no one has changed a ton. Brook looks so cute preggo! Is this her first?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin