Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday, the day of...Rest?

So today at church was a little crazy. Joe and I got callings to work on the activities committees....I'm already racking my brain trying to figure out what sort of activities can entertain people ranged from age 0-100, and the distribution is heavily left skewed (meaning lots of elderly) which makes it difficult to do really active things like hiking. Anyone have any suggestions of fun activities they've done with church groups (or any group for that matter).

In addition to getting these new positions I was asked to teach Relief Society next week. I told Joe this when he walked into Sunday School and he informed me they just asked him to teach Sunday School next week. Add to the this the fact that we have been bidden to join the ward choir, several times, AND we'll both be speaking in Sacrment Meetings on June 8th. Oh and I'm signed up to go the cannery next Wednesday (though I'm going to get our own food storage) and I'm supposed to hunt down boxes to give to a woman from church who is packing and moving. Work work work. :) We're only here for a few months but apparently they'll be taking full advantage of that. Good thing working makes us happy, especially this kind of work. Lol. The nice thing is they've been super friendly and I really enjoy the ward a lot. I wish that we could afford to buy a house in this area because the location is awesome, people are nice, and the schools are good...but alas a house in the mid to high 200s is a little much for us now.

Anyway, so there you go, our day of rest. :)

5 little remarks:

Aliese Fry said...

My friend, Lindsie (http://joshandlindsie.blogspot.com/2008/02/team-mcdaniel-tools-of-destruction.html), blogged about a ward activity that she loved. They did a ward game night where there were lots of tables with board games, card games, etc. Families wore matching clothes and they just ate what you would eat at a "game night"--popcorn, nachos, m&m's, etc. There was a corner set up in the gym with a Disney movie playing for the kids too. I thought that was a way nice, laid-back activity.

Scarehaircare said...

Oh my heavens, what a small world. The McDaniels are in my ward and I was at that activity. It was so much fun. My favorite was the Wii boxing.

I have a few more ideas that our wards have done that were fantastic and bridged the ages. There were a big range of ages at the Game Night activity. It was a great way to get to know people.

Ali said...

Whoa, you guys ARE busy! teaching classes, AND giving talks in a few weeks? (what's the topic?) I have it so easy being in Nursery...and I haven't had to give a talk in church since I was a junior in High School!!(like 7 years ago) We were on the activities committee a year ago and one fun thing we did was do a morning pancake breakfast for St. Patty's day---it was fun...maybe you could do one for the fourth of July?

Laura said...

hee, hee! i just got released from my calling yesterday and next sunday nate will be released...and we wont be going to our new ward until july! i'm totally feeling free and breazy! now if only sam were allowed to go to nursery...

Holly Strong said...

We have some boxes!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin