Thursday, June 26, 2008

3 Revelations About Myself

So recently I have realized some interesting things about myself.


1. Though I've never considered myself a creative or artisticly talented person I've been realizing lately that I love doing creative things (now if only I were better at it.) I'm starting to wonder why I didn't try to major in something like Graphic Design (not that my job isn't great). In fact, a major reason why grad school was a hard time for me was that it made it really difficult to make time for creative things like photography, scrapbooking, card making, sewing, etc... I realized that I needed to have a variety of things in my life to be happy, including time for the semi-creative part of me.



2. I think I'm a small town girl. I went on a business trip this week to Williamsburg,VA. I officially want to move there into a house like this:

(picture via http://www.foliagenetwork.com which is a cool website for those living in states east of the Mississippi to tell you where you can go see the most beautiful foilage!) But if I can't move to Williamsburg since Joe's job requires we stay in the right place, then I want one of these house in master planned Daybreak community here in Utah. Check it out on MSNBC if you haven't read about it yet. I really do hope we can live there sometime soon. 3. I want to be a runner and a morning person and I'm starting to actually believe both may be possible for me.

7 little remarks:

Colby and Meredith said...

Those houses are gorgeous! I would love to live back East and in a house exactly like that!

Kristen said...

Dave and I looked at some homes in Daybreak. They are really cute! We walked away when we found out they are WAY over priced for the size of home/yard you get, the garage is detached, and I heard (not sure if it's true) that some people had to sign waivers to live there since it's so close to Kennecott. Not sure what's in the ground there. EEK!

Joe said...

Soon, baby. Soon.

Anna said...

Kristen, which Kristen is this? I can't link back to your blog from your comment so I'm not sure. And as far as "overpriced" I guess it depends on what you're looking for. Home values are all about supply and demand so i don't worry about that much. And the lots are small which is of some concern, but not much since there are tons of parks and community trails. I just don't want to live in another brown stucco, fake stone cookie cutter house.

Kristen said...

Haha... this is kristen boothe. :)Don't get me wrong. I think they are adorable houses. A lot of them are energy efficient and some have cable wiring for internet. They are close to the district and trax will be out that way soon. Plus, like you said lots of trails and the lake. Just for us, we chose not to go out there because we wanted the most for our money. You can get a much bigger house for the price they are at. But it's what you're looking for. Everyone is different. If you do move there though, I'll be about 20 minutes away from you! :)

Marcia said...

It's great to see you enjoying so many different parts of yourself! They have always been there, you were just busy developing other talents. I like to think of heaven as a place with a ginormous library where I can sit next to a window and read anything I want for as long as I want! And then I can go look up someone in history (that may not have been on earth when I was or I wasn't able to access) and ask them all about their specialty! I don't know who is going to teach me all the sciences, though, as those are the hardest for me and I will surely need them to build a world. Maybe Grandpa Madsen will be patient enough to teach me the basics...

Graham & Heather said...

I love Daybreak! My sister lives out there and we would like to be in that community or one like it someday. I think you pay for the community out there, which is definately worth it in our minds. Utah should have more communities like Daybreak. I have never heard about that waiver thing . . .

Blog Widget by LinkWithin