Thursday, June 12, 2008

Best. Husband. Ever.


I love my husband. Like. A lot. He is so funny and sweet and good looking and awesome. For those of you who haven't met him, we need to hang out soon. I've never met anyone who doesn't like Joe and thus he makes me much more popular. So when I saw Aliese do this tag I thought I'd do it too--too fun! And yes, its possible I've already done a "my husband is amazing, read about him" post...but anyway, Happy Father's Day on Sunday honey...you're going to be a great father someday.

1- What is your husband's name? Joseph LaVan B_______...we won't be passing on the LaVan part, it's SUCH a Utah name.

2- Who said I love you first? Oh Joe did. Don't worry it was after like a week...and I might have said "I love you back" and then had a total panic attack at the speed of our courtship....not something I'm accustomed to.
3- Who is taller? Joe, by an inch and a half. We are little people.

4- Who is smarter? At finance---definitely Joe. At politics/official schoolish type stuff, definitely me (and yes I used the non-word schoolish )

5- Who is more sensitive? Sensitive as in getting my feelings hurt, me. Sensitive in general I think we're about equal. He's super sensitive. I love that.

6- Who does the laundry? Definitely it is like 80% me, but occasionally Joe does. And I do 95% of the ironing. But he does more of the dishes---which I LOVE.

7- Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? used to be me. we keep switching for some reason...every few weeks we just switch...random

8- Who pays the bills?we both provide the money and I, being the detail oriented one, pay them

9- Who cooks more? ha ha. its almost all me.

10- What meals do you cook together? some dinners. definitely Sunday dinners and sometimes others.

11- Who is more stubborn? we are stubborn in different ways

12-Who is the first to admit they are wrong? Joe. I am not good at that....consider that flaw number 4001.

13- Who is more clean? Me. But still neither of us is good at managing clutter. We are deep down clean people...like our house isn't grimy, but there are often stacks of paper or clothes lying around. We are both so busy. Thing is that growing up I was always this way and my mom said I just couldn't be bothered to clean my room because I had too many other things I wanted to see and do. I think that's still true. Though I do get to a point where I just go crazy and HAVE to clean it up. I don't know if Joe has those mental "this is making me crazy days" but he is good at pitching in. And I'm working on getting more organized....it might help if we could move somewhere, get organized, and stay there as long as possible.

14- Who has more siblings?Joe: 4 sisters, 1 brother. Me: 2 brothers...though if you count my stepsister and 5 stepbrothers I have more. Ha!

15- Who wears the pants in the relationship? Both. I definitely am all about being a proactive woman and being responsible and independent (not cuz I'm some extreme feminist, but because that's just the way I am), but at times I just want Joe to lead and take care of it all. And he, like perhaps no man ever could, walks the fine line between leading me and taking too much control. I like it.

16- What do you like to do together? Everything. Anything is fun if Joe is there...even girl's night. He's good at girl talk as any of my girlfriends.

17- Who eats more sweets? Used to be Joe, but he has dragged me down into his weakness (which was my weakness that I'd kicked and is now a serious weakness...alas 25 pounds later here I am)

18- Guilty Pleasures? I do not understand this question....guilty pleasures he has? or we have as a couple. How about that he has. He LOVES the muppets and he's a total tech geek. Can I tell you how much I've had to hear about the new iPhone...I was even roped into watching a video of an apple conference about the new iphone. I lasted 10 minutes.

19- How did you meet? church. he's cute. I sent him a flirty text message. he shot back with a witty reply and the rest, is literally, history.

20- Who asked who out first? Technically he did. But I made it so easy for him with that flirty text message that I think I get credit for initiating the relationship. Seriously what guy can resist "I think my crush on you is waning, what should we do about that" If you really want to read our story check out our wedding website.

21- Who kissed who first? Joe kissed me first. On like our 2nd quasi-date. And it was the best first kiss ever...and I'm not just saying that. He has mad skills.

22- Who proposed? He did. Then I broke it off. So the second time I proposed. If you break off an engagement and want to get reengaged you can't make the poor guy do it twice. That's cruel.

23- Best features?His eyes, his perfect smile, his hair (which our neighbor L commented on several times...even 3 year olds like his hair I guess)...I think this is supposed to be physical features...either that or I'm shallow.

24- What is his best quality?He is honestly the most positive person I know. Always an optimist. It's amazing. And delightful to be around. If he's gone I find myself missing that constant cheefulness. I'm totally addicted to him.


So there you go. He's the best person I know. I love him madly.
I tag anyone who has time...I love learning about people's spouses it is super fun.

[and in case you were wondering this is Joe and I with baby Eli (from the post at This is the Place Heritage Park....like over a year ago when he was small and still fit in the cute courduroy overalls I bought for him]

4 little remarks:

Tannie Datwyler said...

That was fun to raed - I'd tag myself, but I probably don't have time (should spend it with Claire is the truth), besides I blogged a lot this week. :)

Aliese Fry said...

So I realized when I posted this comment on my OWN blog, you probably wouldn't get to read it so I'll copy/paste it here!
@ Anna--
I was totally just reading your Joe post and thought the same thing! Our husbands would be such good friends!!! Sadly, I don't know when we'll be up there again since Darrin's got rehearsal for the next two months for Honk...No worries though, next time we're there, you're definitely someone we need to hang out with!

Charayne said...

This is totally cute. I love that you got to tell every detail about your husband. (Nice since I've only met him but don't totally know him!) We would love to hang out with you guys sometime. Let me know.

Reijaranger said...

I love Joe too. I am so happy that you ended up with a guy like Joe who evens things out for you and is so patient and kind. Go Joe! Plus, anyone who beats me in Scrabble wins my respect.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin