Saturday, July 26, 2008

Bed to 5K #3

Today's Run/Walk: 40 minutes (about)

Breakdown:

  • 5 minute warmup
  • (10 minute interruption chatting with a new neighbor, Tanya, super nice. And she has the most beautiful yard that I have been ogling for quite some time, I want it)
  • 18 minutes of 60 seconds jogging, 90 seconds walking -- several times a few seconds too long of jogging and only once of jogging to short!
  • 10 minute cool down as we walked back from the park

Good news: I feel great
Bad news: my shins are not so happy with me (and I don't know any good stretches for my shins, except "point and flex" that I learned in gymnastics when I was like 7)

Good news: next week I get paid and can go buy nice running shoes to help with the shin splints
Bad news: probably 2 jogs more before that

Good news: I didn't get a single side ache, I think this is because I've started out with better jogging/walking intervals before. It's important to start slow, thus, the Bed to 5K
Bad news: I think I have the lung capacity of a 5 year old.

Good news: I LOVE jogging in the park by our house

Good news: Joe jogs with me every time, I'm so grateful he's so supportive and I'm confident the jogging with make him even hotter than he is now--his body responds better to working out than mine does

Good news: perfect weather -- jogging right after a light rain shower

Good news: my sisters-in-law are all running, we are going to run a 5K here in September (I may not be up to a full running of a 5k by then, but I will jog/walk it for sure)

VERY good news: I kept a promise to myself and jogged 3 days this week.

Good news: I find there is much more good news than bad news when related to jogging.

Next week: I feel like saying "next verse same as the first" I think I'll be jogging the same pattern one week more and then I'll improve it the week after

3 little remarks:

Scarehaircare said...

Wait, you are running a 5K there or are you thinking about coming up here?

We are more fun up here.

I am so proud of you for doing this! Might I also recommend taking 2 ibuprofin about 30 minutes before you run, it helps with the pain. I also take a glucosamine/chondroitin (sp?) supplement twice a day and Bio-35 twice a day. You can find both at your local Wallyworld.

Michael-Jennifer-Adam said...

I love the way you post these: Good News vs. Bad News! Fun to read! :) Keep it up...(the posting and the running) :)

Brooke said...

Loving your running commentary- you're inspiring to us all Anna! Keep it up.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin