Monday, July 21, 2008

Bed to 5K - Run #1

So today Joe and I ran the first leg of the "Couch to 5K" program. I declared myself to not even be at the "couch" fitness level and thus have renamed this "bed to 5k" which seems fitting since we got up at quarter after 6 to go jog/walk.

I did pretty well for my first day (especially considering my ill fitting shoes -- Don't worrie cousin Carrie, I plan on following your advice and getting some good running shoes, but first I require I prove to myself that I'm serious by running 3 days this week and 3 days next week). So I ran most of the intervals (though I ran only 45 seconds instead of 60 on two intervals -- BUT, let me tell you that one time at the end I thought I was going to die and said "I will run to that spot and no further" and I got there and only had like 3 seconds remaining on that interval. I was utterly impressed with myself.

Run Today: I give myself and A for effort and a B+ for performance.

Next Run: Wednesday

As a side note: can I say how much I love having the Jordan River Parkway so close we can jog down there and jog along it? But, its still not as good as the Olentangy River Parkway in Columbus. Sigh.

4 little remarks:

CJ said...

...or the George Washington Parkway along the Potomac River in front of DC and all the monuments.

Aliese said...

You inspire me...

Scarehaircare said...

(Shaking cyber pompoms and turning poorly executed cartwheels...)

WAY TO GO!!! I am so stinkin' proud of you!

pssst...*whispering* the first two weeks are the hardest.

Get the shoes now. Save yourself the agony. You will be more inspired to run if your feet/ankles/shins do not hurt.

Malinovka said...

Thanks for the inspiration, Anna! I have also wanted to become a runner, and I was very interested in this "program." Good luck!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin