Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Letterpressed Temple?!

Okay, so this is a ridiculously cool piece of art. $50.00 that I am tempted to spend. I love religious art, but I really don't want my house to be filled with the paintings that everyone I know has in their house (so sorry Greg Olsen, you've got skills, but unfortunately everyone I know has discovered this). That's why I love Minerva Teichert, whose paintings look so unlike all the other art at Deseret Book, and though she's being discovered by some people I know she has yet to appear everywhere. I have this poster ready to frame.
So when I saw this post on my cousin's site I had to check it out. And now having gone to the artist's site and checked it out, its official. I want this print. Art made out of crazy words and script? In black and white! Letterpressed! In the shape of the temple!!!! What's not to love. Very cool cousin Michael, very cool.

7 little remarks:

dibble family said...

i love it, Anna! LOVE IT! And I love reading your blog. Very cool, Anna. Very Cool. :)

Aliese Fry said...

Wow, I really like that! It'd be even more awesome if you could CHOOSE what it said. Oh, the money I'd spend...

Graham & Heather said...

That is pretty awesome, very different but elegant in my opinion.

Colby and Meredith said...

I like it a lot!

Andrea said...

Anna,
So glad you are back. It was nice talking to you the other day. I like this piece too. I like the colors because they give me a feeling of calm. It's interesting what art can do for you.

Love you!
Andrea

Julie said...

My sister in law also loves Minerva Teichert. She just had a couple of her paintings framed for Christmas. They are beautiful.

Charayne said...

I really like them too. Esp the one of the temple in words. How awesome!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin