Thursday, July 31, 2008

You Want....My Blood?

So its no secret that the much awaited 4th novel in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series comes out tomorrow night. Book stores everywhere are throwing parties from 9 to midnight when they start selling the book and making oodles of money.

All week walking through the bookstore I have seen signs advertising the BYU bookstore's party and I realized they were doing something a little different that totally made me want to attend.


What better way to celebrate the release of a vampire book than by donating blood?!

Lol. I actually really like donating blood and if I weren't so swamped with work tomorrow trying to get off early for my anniversary I would fully go and donate my blood. Forget the dress up contests and give aways, take my blood and make me a vampire. I'm thoroughly amused.

4 little remarks:

Malinovka said...

I LOVE IT!! So funny--thanks for posting about that. It made my day. :)

The Wolford Pack (Jen) said...

I've never read any Twilight books but think the idea of giving blood at a vampire book party is awesome! I love giving blood for the free snacks...well and that it helps save a life of course. :)

Jessie said...

That is hilarious. I'm looking forward to finally starting this series (borrowing the book from a neighbor this week, hopefully), and seeing if it's worth all the hype it's gotten. I hope so, good books are sometimes hard to come by.

Aliese said...

I myself am NOT so much a fan of the books (they're great, don't get me wrong--but I wasn't near as enthused as most). However, I do think that is a fabulous way to sell the book! Go BYU!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin