Monday, August 4, 2008

Bed to 5K #s 5 & 6 with 7 on the way


So in case you all thought I fell off the running bandwagon, I did not! Ha. I'm very proud of myself (and my husband who guilts me into going even when I give him the look of death in response to the invitation...we go, and I'm always grateful after).

I'll spare you the details. Let's just say the running is getting easier (I did a 2 minute straight stretch recently!!). I'm not getting any side aches, and my lungs seem to be growing, SLOWLY. It used to be side aches that would make me stop running (years ago) now it's just my lungs. I guess I'm focusing on my breathing more.

New shoes are still on the radar, but have not been purchased yet (my shins have actually been okay, so I'm putting that off until the next paycheck). But today in the mail I received my ipod nano!!!! I felt like I was totally splurging, which was fun. We got a decent deal on amazon and we got an armband. The real justification for the ipod is that I will not run without Joe if I don't have something else to distract me. And I bought it before the shoes because, lets be honest, I will not run without music or Joe but I will run in my crummy ill fitting Nikes that sometimes hurt my shins. No really, they are okay, but I do want something that fits better.


This week's goal: 2 minutes jogging/2 minutes walking intervals for a total of 20 minutes (not counting warm up and cool down). First jog is tonight. I'm totally excited. Have any of you started jogging? You should, you really should.

5 little remarks:

Funk Master B said...

Sweet! Those nanos should come with the nike feature for runners. You should take full advantage of that.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/nike/

The Wolford Pack (Jen) said...

I miss exercise. :( It will feel so good in a few months when I can walk around (hopefully run) without having every bone below my hips (including my hips) ache. I want an ipod for running too. Maybe I can get one for my birthday so it will inspire me to run and get back in shape. Keep up the good work! It may seem crazy now but you'll become addicted and won't be able to stop running. It happened to me...it did!

Colby and Meredith said...

It's okay to splurge every now and then- and I see this as a necessary splurge. I totally understand the music thing! It's a definite must for me.

Scarehaircare said...

I would still vote for shoes first, but then I am un-hip and unplugged. Actually, I don't own a cool ipod nano. I want one of those ultra cool gps watches that tracks your speed, time, and distance for you and downloads it all on your computer log. That is my next splurge. I asked for it for my bday and Christmas

Bethany said...

Dane and I ran up the hill by the Provo temple last night and nearly died, but we made it! To be honest, we started halfway up the hill, but still, it was great! My lungs burned and my legs ached, and I loved it. Running is great. I wish I could run far. Dane always gives me the evil look when I ask him if he wants to run, but it's so much better to run together! Good luck with your new 2 on 2 off program!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin