Saturday, August 16, 2008

Wallpaper is getting some more love these days

While on vacation and while watching HGTV I heard that wallpaper is coming back in style, which didn't surprise me much since I'd seen some pretty awesome wallpaper about a month ago on Jordan Ferney's blog. I was intrigued by the temporary aspect and I'm thinking that next time we move into an apartment (or our first house, cross our fingers) I might consider wallpaper.

Check out the Sherman Williams Easy Change wallpaper here. Granted there's still some pretty hideous wallpaper out there, but at least if it's temporary you won't be cursing yourself when you decide it's time to change (or that the pattern looked so much better in your mind than on the wall). I'll spare you all the wading through resurrected floral patterns that I thought were hideous and tell you most of the pics below are from the "Waverly Urban Attitude" collection.

If you have a house and you want to wallpaper I'll totally come help you -- I'm all about honing my home renovation skills on other people's houses, plus I'd love to see you.

So here are (some of) my favorites:





2 little remarks:

Ali said...

It's so funny that you posted this just today cause Jeff and I looked at TONS of model homes today in house/condo shopping and we were shocked at how many wall-papered. Some were hideous and some were beautiful, but I could not get out of my mind how hard they would be to get off!

The Wolford Pack (Jen) said...

Okay....next week I need you to come visit me! We close on our first house this Friday and have to remove a ton of wallpaper. Granted it's not putting up wallpaper but then we have to paint and stain kitchen cabinets so you can help with that too. I'd love to see you too! Please come and we'll even take you to one of your favorite places on earth…DC! Tell me when your coming and you will most definitely stay with us! :P

Blog Widget by LinkWithin