Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bed to 5k #9 -- Ready to Run

Yesterday I knew I wanted to go running. But sometimes I say that and then I make excuses and don't go.

But yesterday as I was waiting for my husband to get home from work and run with me I started watching the biggest loser. Watching people lose 17 pounds in one week makes me want to go running (though with the time I can put in to diet and exercise I only hope for 1/2-1lb a week). And I actually don't measure by weight anyway---I look at how my clothes fit.

So I went running. And I love the ipod with ding. I love the Dixie Chicks and Rascal Flatts -- I'm so so motivated when I run to them and I don't have to keep checking my watch, I just wait for the ding.

And last night I ran hard. Harder than usual. And during the last interval I wanted to collapse, but I didn't, I stopped and walked and like 2 seconds later the ding went off so I almost made it through that interval too.

It felt so so good.

That is until we got home and went to the grocery store only to realize Joe had not put the key back on his keyring after we went running and we were locked out of the house. At 11 at night. And we had to drive downtown to get a key from my brother. That's unrelated but I just wanted to mention it because had we not gone running the key would have been on the ring.

4 little remarks:

Sarah said...

Good for you, Anna--running definitely makes you feel good and it's awesome that you've been increasing the length/intensity of your runs. As far as the weight loss goes, it wouldn't be healthy to lose more than a pound a week anyway.

Scarehaircare said...

Now , along with the happy endorphins from running, you have a funny story...."Remeber when we forgot the key and were locked out of the house at 11 p.m.?"

Good job running. I guess I should plug in on my solo runs.

Helena said...

Anna, you're amazing! I don't know how you do it. By the end of the day I just want to lay down. Good work.

Amy said...

I am impressed with you and your dedication to running!
Russ wants me to work out with him and all I can think about is the PB Chocolate ice cream i just bought today.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin