Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's "Real Simple"

I love Martha Stewart. I have loved all things Martha since I was...well, probably in middle school. It was Martha who inspired my wedding cake, inspired me to make my own homemade soap, and who inspires me to collect cake plates. It is Martha who has influenced me to smile when I see something lovely and declare it a 'good thing'

Which is why I feel sort of disloyal when I pick up a copy of "Real Simple" magazine. It's a clear Martha competitor. But I love it. I love it a lot. I want a subscription (hint hint honey, I know you're reading this...my birthday is coming up). There's something clean and fresh about Real Simple and something a little more down to earth than Martha. So while I'd love to subscribe to both, I'm pressed to choose I choose Real Simple.

If you haven't checked it out yet go to the library. Or get it for a decent price on amazon.

2 little remarks:

Julie said...

I love Real Simple. It is one of my favorite magazines. I have given subscriptions to friends in the past, so let me know if you don't get it from anyone else!

Mandi said...

It's so true! Sharon (Brandon's mom) has a subscription, and I always have to read all her back issues when I come to visit. Love it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin