Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pork Tenderloin & Biscuits

I've blogged about this recipe before. Possibly because it's one of my recent favorites. We bought a tenderloin the other day and made it again, this time adding carrots to the mix. Turns out the key to adding carrots was making sure they are covered by the chicken broth so they don't dry out.
It's so easy and tastes so good, but pork tenderloin is kind of pricey (and pork loin does not work as well, take my word for it), so this is a great special occasion or Sunday evening dinner---but I'm so selfish I never want to make it and have to share with company.

And when I went to allrecipes.com to check the temperature I needed to cook it at I ran across this biscuit recipe. I halved the biscuit recipe (because I know they're bad for me and if there are leftovers I will eat them). The biscuits turned out super spicey because we roasted serrano peppers (HOT!) on our cookie sheet and even after washing it the spiciness remained...so the top of the biscuits were fine, but eating the bottom kind of set my mouth on fire. At any rate it is a great biscuit recipe that you can find right here. I halved it and it made enough biscuits for 2 or 3 people.
And just look at those gorgeous tomatoes. They are BY FAR my favorite item from the garden. Next year, even if we are in a condo or apartment I plan on planting tomato plants in pots. Yum. I don't even need salt on them to enjoy them.
Posted by Picasa

2 little remarks:

dibble family said...

Anna, you make me so happy. I believe that you will be the next Martha Stewart!

The Wolford Pack (Jen) said...

Again....YUM! I promise not to each too much (so you won't have to share as much) if you invite me over for dinner. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin