Sunday, September 28, 2008

Posting Frenzy---We went hiking

I know. I know. Serious posting craziness today. What can I say it was a relaxing Sunday and I felt like catching up on things.

So I went jogging twice this week and then on Saturday we went hiking with Sarah and Dave (which was a great workout and worked some different muscles than jogging). Sarah and Dave thanked us for inviting them since they always mean to go hiking and never do (and I must say, no Sarah and Dave thanks for saying yes so I was forced to keep my hiking commitment, it was great).

We hiked Stewart Falls up Provo Canyon and it was seriously stunning. Forgive the many many photos, but it was really so beautiful. And to Sarah and Dave -- it was so lovely to finally hang out with you both again; you're both such smart and jolly people and a pure delight to spend time with. Who wouldn't love reliving the memories of milk chugging, roommate rhyme offs, and exchanging our theories on all sorts of random topics. Plus the fact that we got married only two days apart just tells how in sync we are (again my apologies on missing your wedding).




Oh here you go. Proof we were there and I didn't just copy someone's photos off flickr. (Though I did go hiking 3 years ago, same spot, and posted those pictures on flickr, you can access them and other random shots from my single BYU 69th ward days here. Oh Heidi Hoff, how I miss living at Courtside and hanging out with you)

6 years, living together on two separate occasions, 1 mission, 2 graduations, both our weddings...and a million other crazy life events later and we're still friends. I love the Gibby girls---particularly Sarah and Emily...I still miss dinner group with you girls which somehow always included cut up fruit in yogurt, yum.

Sarah caught these next two. Thanks for making us look good.

I wanted to hop in the water because it was surprisingly hot and there was some discussion over how scandalous that would be since I was wearing white cotton shorts...in the end I was too lazy to even remove my shoes and wade.

6 little remarks:

Aliese said...

Pretty leaves! I miss autumn...We do not get pretty things like that in the SG.

Brooke said...

It was gorgeous in the mountains this weekend- my family and I were at Payson lakes, and I was also in awe of the beautiful leaves and trees and mtns. Funny, we were just talking to someone and they were mentioning stewart falls. I don't think I have been hiking there in probably a decade- that would be so fun to do again. Fun fun fun!

Emily S said...

Hooray for great roommates and dinner groups! Too bad we don't live close enough to still have a dinner group - I like the looks of your food posts and there was a yogurt sale at Alberson's . . .

Sarah said...

We had a great time, too. I had to laugh when you mentioned fruit in yogurt because that graced my dinner table just yesterday afternoon . . . some things never change. In fact, I'm pretty sure I could still waste you in a chugging contest if we tried it today. Just like I'm pretty sure you would waste me in a rhyme-off.

Farrell and Marilyn Barlow said...

I miss the mountains - I miss them as a landmark if nothing else. Here in Africa we are always lost because there are no mountains or landmarks to guide our way. You look great in your pics too.

Luthi said...

I love fall and the mountains!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin