Thursday, October 16, 2008

Just in case I haven't mentioned it lately...

I've decided that my husband is ridiculously good looking. Especially in a suit.

Also, things in my life have not been really going my way lately, but....

One thing that is going my way is that Joe and I have been able to commute together most days. I hate commuting 45 minutes each way. Hate it. But I do love that it's another hour and a half I get to spend with my favorite person ever. We listen to Harry Pottery 7 on CD, or the radio, we talk about work, we talk about friends, we talk about changes we want to make in our lives and where we're going to move to next and we never really run out of things to talk about. But at the same time sometimes we don't talk about anything---because we don't want to or need to sometimes. And he almost always drives because he knows how much I hate it.

And as more and more of our friends are starting (or adding to) their families I am reminded that all too soon I won't have him all to myself anymore. Because I know whether we have a boy or a girl, in 10 months or 18 months or in 3 years...that baby is going to have Joe wrapped around their fingers and I'm going to have to share him. He's going to be nuts about our kids, which I'm very excited about. And when we're ready it'll be great. But for now, I am enjoying being his favorite person in the whole wide world who he spends every spare moment with that he can. And one thing I love about Joe is that no matter how much time we spend together he always seems to want to hang out with me even more.

So while so many things are not going exactly how I want, one thing is going very very well. And it just so happens that the one thing that is going very well is the one part of my life that won't be changing, ever. He will be here forever. That makes me really happy.

[And while I'm aware this post is cheesy, it's also sincere. and heck, it's my blog and today I didn't want to blog about food, or clothes, or crafts, or technology, or anything else random. I like Joe. That's all.]
Posted by Picasa

7 little remarks:

Jess said...

That was a really sweet post. Husbands are the best.

Mardi and Jeremey said...

I love what you said about how even though things are not going exactly how you want, that you always have your husband. I feel that way with my husband. I am sorry things aren't going well. I'm glad you have Joe to keep you happy.

Oh, and we are listening to Harry Potter in the car too. We love it!

Alex and Katie said...

It wasn't cheesy. It was awesome. Joe is really cool. I concur. And, as my grandparents and parents ALWAYS tell me, you can get through almost anything in life if you have a good marriage. I think that's true. Sorry your day is not going well. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

Emily S said...

Hooray for liking Joe! You made me want to commute with my husband, too. I am intruiged about the things that aren't going your way - sorry about all of them, and let me know if you need to chat (for real or electronically).

Luthi said...

WHAT A SWEET POST

Jessie said...

This was very cute, thank you for sharing. :) And don't worry, even though your kids will take time away from you as a couple, I promise that if you want to, you can still definitely keep your relationship alive and thriving. You just have to be willing to put the effort in, just like you do now. I'm glad you're so happy. :)

Rachel said...

I think posts about Joe are better than posts about anything else. :) Can't wait to see you, dear.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin