Saturday, October 11, 2008

Tagged: Because I can't think of anything else to blog about

I was tagged by my friend Katie (she is on the right in this photo). It's not a long tag and I have nothing else I feel like posting on, so why not.








Here's how it goes (I modified it slightly):

Tell 6 nice things about the person who tagged you.
Mention rules on your blog.
Tell about 6 quirks of yours.
Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same.


About Katie:

1. Katie is a republican, but most of the time I don't mind listening to her political rantings. Note sure why, but its true. Yes this is a compliment because often I have a hard time with political rantings.

2. I wish I could be more clean and organized like Katie.

3. Katie is super fun to talk to and has an infectious laugh. I really enjoy that Katie is sarcastic at times without being cruel.

4. Katie is super smart. Really. Super smart. She can kick my trash discussing economics.

5. Katie is funny. Who else dresses up as a modest Britney Spears for Halloween?

6. Katie is good looking and classy. (See Exhibit B above)



Six quirks about me:

This is difficult because I already posted 100 things you may or may not know about me...

1. I cannot break the nervous habit of biting my nails. I hate having short stubby nails, but I get super anxious and I don't even realize I'm doing it.

2. You know what makes me crazy!? People who talk and talk and talk and take forever to get to the point. Conversation efficiency is important to me. I hate talking on cell phones for very long (unless its someone who I talk to really rarely and we need to catch up). I hate 30 minute meetings that could be accomplished in 10 minutes. Maybe this is why I love texting. Short and to the point. Very efficient. So maybe I'm kind of anti-social. Or maybe I just can't handle wasting time. Or maybe, both.

3. Despite #2 etiquette is hugely important to me. Even though it requires formalities and things that maybe run contrary to my conversation efficiency need. I can't explain it well. Lets just say that even though 90% of my wedding gifts were stolen 3 weeks after I got married and I'd already written 1/2 the thank you cards---and I just couldn't bear to rewrite them all, I still feel terrible that I didn't write thank you notes. It's probably more vanity than anything else. So to all you who gave me a wedding gift and did not get a thank you note---I promise, I'm grateful. I apologize for my tackiness.

4. I am unnecessarily weepy when watching TV shows like "Extreme Home Makeover" or "Biggest Loser Families". If Joe's there I still feel the need to hide the fact that I'm tearing up because I'm majorly embarrassed about it.

5. I love a clean house, but I seriously have a hard time getting motivated to clean. It makes me CRAZY. Growing up my mom said it was that I was just too busy to be bothered with cleaning. I think the same still applies. I dream that some day I can just hire a maid. I don't need a personal chef. I can do my own laundry. And I don't mind pulling weeds. But I just really wish that once a week someone would come clean my house for me.

6. I like organizing. Not cleaning mind you, but organizing. It seems to me that if I organize an area (to the point of buying the proper containers to keep things organized) things stay a lot cleaner with a lot less effort. Maybe I'm actually so messy right now because for the past long while I have never fully unpacked and organized my house. Maybe I should go organize something right now....

So I am tagging.....The Gibby girls (Sarah and Emily), Helena (have you been tagged yet, if not welcome to tagging), Charayne (because I have not heard from you in forever!), Tannie, and Julie. Have fun.

0 little remarks:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin