Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

So today is not my birthday.

But today I did stop by Downeast and got a J Crew red winter dress coat for $80. So I bought it and proudly walked in and showed Joe and declared he could just write me a card for my birthday.

I've been dreaming about a dress coat from J Crew for a while...and when I went to Downeast in search of a shirt for our family photos I spotted the coats and got sidetracked.....saw the tag, saw the label (I'm shallow sometimes), and upon realizing it was my size knew I must try it on. It looked good and garnered compliments from two sales clerks (who don't work on commission). So I bought it.

When you go to a store and they have the exact coat you want, in the color you want, and even though they only have two--one of them just so happens to be your size, you buy it. And it is not an impulse buy, it is a very much premeditated purchase.

If you don't have a Downeast Outfitters nearby and you have $70 more dollars to spend than me, check out JCrew.com where this coat, which looks very much like the one I got, is marked down from $330 to $150....it's what I like to call the upside of the economic downturn.

Now Joe only has to brainstorm what to get me for Christmas....don't worry honey, there are links in the left sidebar---and I'm sure to add more, and some of them even fall in the under $100 price range we set for Christmas (not many...woops). And I'm not joking about the label maker. I'm totally serious. All my friends will be so jealous, and isn't that what husband's aim for in presents?

3 little remarks:

Katie Laird said...

Anna, I just HAVE to leave a comment on this blog--it made me laugh out loud. Twice. Thanks. :)

Aliese said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the coat! ...probably not as much as you, but still...

Heather said...

Woohoo! Not many things top the feeling you get after finding a GREAT bargain!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin