Saturday, November 15, 2008

Magazines -- The Gift that Keeps on Giving


I like magazines a lot. Last year I got a really good deal on "Wired" magazine for both Joe and my brother Phil. It's fun because they get to enjoy it all year long. Amazon likes to make me shop so they sent me an email today telling me about this killer magazine sale. It worked. I bought 5 magazine subscriptions (Joe is giving me 3 of them for Christmas, thanks honey) and the other 2 are gifts for peopel besides me. Total cost $42. That's about $8 per magazine subscription, or less than a dollar an issue.


The trick is, they are already on sale, but they also have a 2 for 1 special going on. So if $14.97 is too much for a year of Good Housekeeping you can buy a subscription for your sister--then you get her Christmas gift for $7.50 and a gift for yourself too for $7.50. Or you can think to yourself that you got her a $15 Christmas gift and you got yourself something for free. Whatever helps you sleep at night.


I'm not sure how long the subscription mania will last, so check it out today. I'm so excited for my monthly installments of Domino, Good Housekeeping, and Better Homes and Gardens...and I'm excited to watch Joe read Popular Mechanics and become manlier by the minute.

3 little remarks:

Kaela said...

We really are a lot alike. I feel I relate to you on so many of your posts. I love magazines AND math too! I will have to check that Numb3rs show out. Thanks for the magazine subscription tip. {Congrats on your gorgeous new coat too and really $80 is a steal!}

Tiff said...

Thanks for the info - I just signed up for 2 parenting mags for only $10!

henderson said...

I love you, thanks for the tip!! I just purchased 10 magazine subscriptions for Christmas gifts for family, and only spent $10 per person...loving it! (and now half my christmas shopping is done)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin