Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Random Tag -- Thanks Melinda

Favorite person outside of family:
What kind of question is this?! I have favorites for different things. Favorite to go to plays with, favorite to check out restaurants with, favorite to try crafty things with....and even then I don't think it's one per category. I like people....and most of the time I think they like me.

Guilty Pleasure: 
Okay how much did I love Melinda's guilty pleasure (putting on her prom dress just for fun! oh that I fit in my prom dress). Guilty pleasure is watching TV with Joe when he should be phone calling or doing other work. We both could be more productive, but we aren't---we are watching TV. Lovely.

Quirks about me: 
Um I answered this one recently -- check here.

Any regrets in life:
Using a moving van to move across the country....sigh.

Favorite Charity/cause:
Well I give a lot of money to my church. But other than that, fighting world poverty is my day job.

Favorite Blog recently:
Other than friends and family. I really enjoy Light Refreshments Served and Oh Happy Day and Design Mom

Worst job I ever had
A call center job, where I felt like I was being asked to dishonest/shady things. I lasted like 1 week and left.

Favorite Bible Verse:
This is interesting and kind of random. I've always loved Deuteronomy 30: 19-20
"I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may life: That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days..."

Any Confessions
Ha, none for public consumption.

If you had to spend $1,000 on yourself, how would you spend it? 
If I had no debt and could just BUY stuff....I would buy furniture, nice stuff.

Favorite thing about your house: 
I love the kitchen in Grandma's house. We'll miss that when we move in January. Our new place will be much smaller, but closer to work so we're excited.

Least favorite thing about your house:
It's far from work.

One thing you are good at:
Academics. I've always done well at school

One thing you could change about your circumstances: 
Just wishing we were more financially secure. It's coming, just slowly.
 
Who would you like to meet someday: 
Ooo there are lots of people I'd like to meet someday. I could make a long list...it would be interesting to meet Bono, President-elect. Obama, the prophet of our church, Martha Stewart, certain bloggers whose blogs I read but I don't know, yet I think they are adorable, Stephenie Meyer--who seems like a down to earth and interesting person...okay I could just keep listing people. I think you can find something interesting about anyone.

Who is your real life hero:
Oh gosh, there isn't just one person. I admire the small things about people---their perseverence, their ability to forgive, their ability to put others at ease, their ability to look past people's weaknesses and see their strengths, their ability to make anyone they speak with feel wonderful and important. I really try to recognize and be inspired by the real life strengths people around me have. No one is perfect, but everyone has something they do really well. 

What is the hardest part of your job
The need to be driven by my own motivation. I work on my own most of the time and have a lot of long term goals we are trying to meet, but there are fewer short term deadlines, which makes it a challenge to prioritize the right things.

When are you most relaxed
When my house is clean, my chores are done, and my bills are paid...and I can just relax.

When are you most stressed: 
When all of the above are completely undone....argh.

What can you not live without:
Joe. I've become rather addicted to him.

Why do you blog:
Because I like to talk, about myself. :)
Well actually I've always liked journaling and it's a good way to journal. 
Also, I like talking to people and staying in touch but I hate the phone and I'm not a fan of the shallowness of facebook --one sentence back and forth, I'd rather really know what people are up to. Blogs are a good way to do that.
I also like how blogging, the ones I try to write and read, focus on the uplifting and beautiful things in our world. 

Who are you tagging: 
Oh no one. If you feel like filling this out, you should.

1 little remarks:

Aliese said...

I loved this Anna! You're so optimistic.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin