Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Craft Project I'm Really Excited About

I get a little ADD in church; really, who doesn't. Especially kids. And then they can be loud, and somethings very funny, but often very distracting. But you know what really helps some kids be quiet in church (besides binkies that they are forbidden to have the rest of the week or sugar bribery)?

A nice quality quiet book.

So....I have some leftover felt from the stockings. Plus Helena and I bought a bundle of charcoal felt. So I'm making a quiet book. In my research I found the following helpful links. Mine may or may not be this adorable. But at the very least I'm hoping it will be functional...helping me and my future children be very very quiet.

http://thecraftpatch.blogspot.com/2008/11/fabric-quiet-book.html
http://quietbook.blogspot.com
http://www.theideadoor.com/images/Quiet%20Book/2photoQBgc.jpg
http://www.theideadoor.com/images/Quiet%20Book/1photoQBgc.jpg
http://itybtyfrogcreations.blogspot.com/2008/02/my-quiet-book_25.html
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_17&listing_id=14679829
http://www.mormonchic.com/crafty/quietbook_church.asp

Does anyone have any ideas for pages? Or want to join me in what is sure to be a very labor intensive, but fun, project?

Oh and it's totally going on the 104 in 104.

8 little remarks:

Amy said...

sign me up! I have been wanting to make a quiet book for about 4 years now. I would love to make a quiet book with you.

Ali said...

Oooh! Thanks for the tips! I am actually in the middle of doing a quiet book with a girl in my ward. We only have like 3 pages done...once we have more, I'll blog to give you some more ideas. Thanks for all these great links!! Good luck in the process- I didn't know until we started how much I'd been missing coloring!

Tiff said...

Can I just say I'm totally jealous that you are completing all of these awesome and adorable crafts?! I'm itching to do something crafty, but I have no time...

(And this is said by someone who quit her job and has not really left the house in 2 weeks.. lol)

BUT - I love this idea and I want in! Somehow I will get it done..

Charayne said...

I have a quiet book that you can look at. It's pretty cute and my kids LOVE it!!!! Let me know if you wanna see...

*Liese said...

I've totally been planning on doing this project too. I'm going to buy some of that heat transfer paper that's really for making T-shirts and print pictures of temples, Christ, the parents, etc. and iron it onto white fabric, then appliqué stitch it onto felt with flaps over them...That way, it can be more personalized.

Christiansen's said...

Me and some of my girlfriends including Laura are just finishing up the quiet book from etsy.com. It is turing out so cute, but her instrustions are not the best, also she says it takes 30 min. a page which is totally wrong. WE have been working on it since conference a f ew days a week for hours at a time. Atleast 120 hours so far. I am excited to blog about it.

Holly Strong said...

ME ME ME, I've wanted to make one for a long time now. It would be so fun to make them with you and Amy. Maybe we could brainstorm and if each of us whips out a page or 4 times 3, it might not be as bad.
ps you are so smart to get this stuff done before kids....it'll make things so much easier.

Emily S said...

I would want to do it if it were feasible with travel and my chillins . . . that's the problem with them, it's hard to get much into anything beyond damage control. It'd be good to have, though. I would be very curious to see if it could keep Josh's attention for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin