Saturday, December 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me....Back to Running


My birthday present to me was first this coat. The second was a clean house (okay I cleaned it for the party but the point is that it makes me feel so so good to have it clean). And the third was I spent $20 on music for my ipod....specifically good running music.

It's okay I'll admit it. I fell off the running bandwagon. After a return to running this summer (okay not a return, I've always really disliked running until this summer), I fell out of the habit for a lot of reasons. But the point is that I've been a huge slacker in the exercise department. The past few weeks I've really been wanting to get back to running but I've been turned off by the cold weather, the fact that it's pitch black outside during the most convenient hours, the fact that by the time I get home and have eaten dinner it's nearly 7, etc....etc...

But, I've made a decision to return to running. Next week I'm finally getting good running shoes, thanks to my dad. My dad has gotten really into living a healthier lifestyle lately and he is giving me running shoes for my birthday. You cannot even guess how excited I am (even more excited than I was about my coat!!) Joe suggested I spend $20 on some music for my ipod. So I did...and most of it was for running. Here's the list of what I got (don't judge my taste in music, I'm eclectic). :)

  1. Maren Ord -- Perfect
  2. Maren Ord -- Beautiful
  3. Maren Ord -- Sarah
  4. From the "Walk to Remember" soundtrack -- Someday We'll Know
  5. From the "Walk to Remember" soundtrack -- It's Gonna Be Love
  6. From the "Walk to Remember" soundtrack -- Cry
  7. David Archuleta --Crush
  8. David Archuleta --A Little Too Not Over You
  9. David Archuleta --Running
  10. David Archuleta --To Be With You
  11. Myra --Miracles Happen
  12. U2 --I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
  13. Trace Adkins -- You're Gonna Miss This
  14. Rascal Flatts --Stand
  15. Abba --Lay All Your Love on Me
  16. Abba --Honey Honey
  17. Abba --Mama Mia
  18. Taylor Swift --Our Song
  19. All American Rejects --Move Along
  20. Kelly Clarkson -- Since U Been Gone
Does anyone think it's weird that I like David Archuleta so much? And if you don't know who Maren Ord is, acquaint yourself. She's great. And I LOVE, L-O-V-E---love Abba, so excited. The Myra song may seem a little random, but I've always liked that song since several years ago when I went through a rough breakup and some girls gave me brownies, ice cream, and a burned CD with that song and plenty of Kelly Clarkson on it. That CD worked miracles for me. I usually shun burning music, but I was heartbroken and kept it so now I'm trying to buy the music that was on it to make it legal---which was always my intention.

I'm way excited to start running again. Now I just need to work it into my routine, I'm thinking afternoons, at the track at BYU, before I take the bus home. I guess we'll see. Oh and if you have any further music suggestions or want to become my running buddy, leave a comment. I can use all the help I can get.

[Oh and while I'm at it, may I recommend you check out amazon.com for your music downloading needs---they are legal and DRM free. I was able to find most of the songs I wanted on amazon and then only had to buy a few on itunes. The amazon downloads automatically import into itunes. Okay, long. post. over.]

8 little remarks:

*Liese said...

I love your musical selections! I'm pretty sure I'm aware of Maren Ord; didn't she sing a song on The Single's Ward? If that's her, I totally bought the soundtrack for that ONE SONG and it wasn't on it! What a bust. I wish I lived closer so I could be your running buddy...We'll be bustin' back into the gym scene when the holidays are over. I guess that gives me something to look forward to since I really don't ENJOY life when Christmas ends!

Ali said...

Oohh, I feel your exitement! 10 weeks, and I'll JOIN your club. Oh, and for all the David Archuletta fans, you can bid on the bracelet he wore during most of American Idol...I heard the latest bidding was $4,000!! He donated it to the Bonnie Hunt show- have you seen it? LOvE It!! :) good luck in your running quest!

Becky Knowles said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday. Happy happy birthday to YOU!!!

Emily S said...

Happy birthday, Anna! Sounds fantastic!

Meghan said...

I have alot of the same music. Haha. Great taste :)

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

Umm.. I love David Archuleta's music :) And I also love you!

Beazer said...

Happy Birthday Anna -- how was your sweater party?

Amy said...

I've just recently been going over my music to make a workout mix (although I've also fallen off the working out bandwagon because during the holidays I want to come home and play with my family instead of go work out) and I've found quite a few high quality groups who write good work out music. Bear with me on the list...;)

All American Rejects- Paper Heart, Goo Goo Dolls- Dizzy Up the Girl,
the Freaky Friday album from the movie has lots of awesome songs with good beats, Guster- any of their albums, the Maroon album by Barenaked Ladies, the new soundtrack to The Wedding Singer the musical, and the Thoroughly Modern Millie musical soundtrack are also high quality.

Hope it helps! Sure helps me keep the beat...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin