Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I like Nurseries


I like nurseries. I like looking at them and thinking about decorating one. I may not be ready to have a baby yet, but I am ready to decorate a nursery--for some reason it seems so much more fun than decorating anywhere else in my house.

So, with nurseries, I'm not really into themes or anything like that, but I am a huge fan of this one. I love the mobile. I'm crazy about the crib and bedding. And I'm very fond of those prints (though if we have a boy my plan is to frame "Where the Wild Things Are", love it). I dream of having a rocker like that and I've been dreaming for a long time of having an expedit bookshelf from Ikea. I'll need lots of baskets to hold all those clean beautiful cloth diapers.

Sigh. No babies yet, but it's nice to know there are so many options out there for a modern stylish nursery that won't cost me $5000 dollars.

So, what do you guys think? Do you like it? Or do you prefer another style?

15 little remarks:

DP said...

It's funny, "clean" and "beautiful" are not words I typically associate with diapers.

Anyway, if you want to help us design our "nursery" (aka my office about to get a crib), we are all ears! We got the OK to paint, but it has to be a neutral color that the next tenants won't hate.

*Liese said...

I do like it! I like that it's got clean lines and isn't necessarily gender specific. I also like the simplicity of the crib structure itself!

Sarah Flib said...

Enjoy the diapers while they're still clean in their baskets, Anna. And I second what DP said about the nursery. I would love to make it cute and I think a nice paint job would make a world of difference . . . but I have no sense for this sort of thing.

emily said...

I am in love! I love that site too! Where do you find these things?!

Kaela said...

Beautiful! I love it so much- so peaceful and stylish! Dreaming up nurseries and decorations is half the fun. Actually agreeing to pay prices or find time to find or make EXACTLY what I wanted was when my modern stylish dreams start to fade unfortunately. Ah well- it's good that you are preparing now!

Jessie said...

I do like it, too, but honestly, I'm more of a country-style decorator, myself. I love the prints and mobile, though, and I too would love to get one of those shelves. Someday.

Isn't it funny how decorating for babies is just so much more fun than for adults? It's just like buying clothes. And toys. And just about everything else. At least for a while, that is.

Tannie Datwyler said...

I actually don't like it - it seems to stark for a baby. I'm not into themed nurserys, but mine just look very hodge podge with lots of baby colors, blankets, and soft images and decorations. It feels welcoming to me. I also like a chair that rocks - I don't think I could nurse my kids without it. I am sad that I am not in my nursery right now. Linus is still in my room because he is such a rotten sleeper and I don't want him waking Claire up. I'd like to sit in that room and feed him instead of by my bed. :( Okay, so I am not totally antagonistic - it just seems like it. I like A LOT of the things you blog about - I just think we have different tastes.

Anna said...

Sarah and DP---I think grey is a cute color for a girl's nursery/office. It goes really well with pink. I'm so excited to see little baby Peris. So excited.

An Emily---I find good blogs through links on other blogs and friends who email me links. They just seem to accumulate over time. This is why google reader is my friend.

Ali said...

I love the simple, clean, elegant style for babies without all the eye-sore colors sticking out. You've got great taste. i think bright colors to help babies develop should be kept in toy baskets and shelves and brought out at play time! :) (sometimes I feel guilty at that thought...but I hope my child will not lack because of that theory). I love that mobile, by the way :)

Holly Strong said...

Ahh, it's much more fun to dream, than do. LOL I have decorated one nursery with all 5 of my kids :) It was for Addison and I just haven't had the time, money or space since. Ah man! It's a cute nursery, but I would do mine different. I love "where the wild things are" and you could make a cute mobile with those characters.

Emily S said...

Child development note for Ali - bright colors everywhere is overstimulating in kids just like it is in adults. We feel calm with calm colors. That's why it doesn't make sense that so many preschools and k classrooms are so in your face. So, smart idea, your child will do great.

Anna - like the nursery, if you must decorate one, feel free to decorate mine. (Time factor - never been on my side.)

Anna said...

Emily,

I'd be happy to help you with your nursery---you've been doing a good job, did you ever get those pictures hung?

I'll help you with your nursery if you'll keep me posted with child development tips once I have one. You're so wise.

Btw, I love your blog, such fun to read.

Luthi said...

lol. you are so random! But always good to prepare!

Amy said...

I love it! I really like how simple and clean it looks. Love the bedding! Congratulations on your diapers. It looks like you will be very prepared for when you do have a baby!

Emily S said...

Never hung the pictures! Actually, I hung one and a calendar . . . gotta get some New Year's resolutions . . . (Like "My Children Will Nap at the Same Time.":)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin