Monday, January 19, 2009

Have some ingredients you need to use up?

Do you ever have a couple of ingredients you need to use up but don't have a recipe that comes directly to mind that will use them? You should check out "Supercook"

I can't remember where I heard about this site, but I think it looks potentially awesome (not sure on the quality of the recipes included, you'll have to let me know if you've tried any of them). One thing that is really frustrating is when you have items expire or go bad before you use them (I feel so guilty!). So I'm looking forward to using this site.

Basically you go, type in ingredients that you need to use (i.e. ham, broccoli, potatoes) and it pulls up recipes that include those ingredients and tells you what else you'll need. Try it out and let me know what you think.

UPDATE:
Thanks to Emily I can also tell you all that allrecipes.com has a similar feature, here. I love their site because the star ratings and reviews of other cooks allow you to get a better idea of the recipe quality. So check them both out when you have an onion, turkey, and some tomatoes that must be used pronto, if you do you'd find that Tex-Mex Turkey soup might be a great option for dinner tonight.

3 little remarks:

*Liese said...

I use it frequently; it's pretty awesome!

Emily S said...

allrecipes.com does this, too. I use it quite a bit and I like it (on allrecipes).

J said...

This is very cool!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin