Monday, January 12, 2009

I need a nap...or a good run, either way

(image via here)

Things have been a little intense at work lately -- we had some colleagues in town last week and thus entertaining them and marathon meetings ensued. On top of this, it was the best time for us to move...and thus we moved. Our stuff. 99% of it moved as of this moment. It has been hectic and uneventful. No backs injured, no cars full of our stuff stolen, all is well.

All this craziness means: no blogging.

But we are so so happy to be moved.

There are boxes everywhere but still it's starting to take shape.

And we went to church yesterday and could not be more enamored with our new ward--such nice and friendly people--it was great!

Anyway, I'll be back to the blogging soon, real soon. Because I guarantee that if it comes to a choice between writing a blog post that sounds fun or unpacking a box of miscellaneous papers, the blogging wins. Every time.

(Oh and btw, this means that #50 of our 104 in 104 is half complete. :) I'm so happy.)

5 little remarks:

Miryam said...

Can I ask a (potentially ignorant) question? When you move wards, are you moving churches? I mean, do you go to a different physical church now? I've been trying to figure out if there's a parallel in Judaism, but since it isn't nearly as centralized as the Mormon church I'm not sure I'm understanding properly.

Anna said...

Miryam, good question. In the Mormon church what physical church you go to and which congregation you meet with are determined by geography. In Utah these geographical boundaries are smaller because there's such a dense population of Mormons. So we both go to a different physical church and attend with different people. The chapel has usually 2 or 3 wards that meet there, in staggered schedules. We meet from 11-2, some people meet from 9-12 or 1-4. So when we say we really like our new ward we mean that the group of people who live in our neighborhood and who we will attend with now are awesome and we are really excited (I also love 11-2 church so I'm doubly happy).

How are you and Will? I so wish you had a blog, but I suppose grad school may make finding time for that difficult.

*Liese said...

Way to accomplish the task! I won't lie to you...I kind of secretly wish (I guess it's no secret now) that I were able to move into a new ward.

Heather said...

Wow! Moving is never fun, so I'm glad that it's going so well for you!

Steve Weller said...

I completely agree. We are in our 5th apartment in 3 1/2 years. Uggh. I'm looking forward to the day when we can call a place OUR home. And never move again.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin