Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I think this is a good idea---bye bye Lean Cuisine

Today as I was heating and eating my Lean Cuisine I was thinking to myself "Why don't I just make my own Lean Cuisines....." So I started to think more about it.

This would be genius! Eating leftovers is very economical. But if I eat the same food day after day after day I get very sick of it. So why not just freeze foods in individual portions and eat those delicious leftovers in a week or two? I often make an extra large dinner and freeze half. So why not just freeze them individually and take them to work for lunch? So I'm going to do it, I'm so excited. Yes my life is just that exciting that this is worthy of a blog post.

Oh and I checked, and don't worry, my favorite tupperware is freezer safe. I may have to buy another set so I have enough. I'm seriously crazy about that tupperware.

Other exciting news: 1) We are getting unpacked and have TONS of kitchen storage space. This brings me untold happiness. 2) I'm getting a bus pass today so that I can take the bus to and from work---working on the bus and not driving in traffic, so excited! 3) Oh and I'm going running tomorrow on my lunch break, instead of writing lame posts like this, something from which we both can benefit.

Saving money. Organizing. Exercising. I'm loving the new year.

And since I'm on an organizing kick, check out my friend Kaela's blog post here, it has some great ideas.

6 little remarks:

Helena said...

Makes good sense. If there's any space between the food and the lid I would put some saran wrap on the food to protect from freezer burn, in case the pendulum court sounds too good and you don't eat it right away.

Tannie Datwyler said...

Great idea with the tupperware and leftovers thing!! I'm so jealous of your spacious kitchen (mine is far from). I also have gotten back to more regular exercising (well, hopefully) since my son was born. I usually only walk though (an hour in the morning), but hey, pushing a toddler in a stroller and carrying a 13 lb plus boy in a front pack has got to be doing something. :) By the way - your friend's blog TOTALLY appealed to my organizational diseases.

Kaela said...

Congratulations {and good luck} on moving!!! Way to start of the New Year too. Go YOU! Thanks for the shout-out:)

Brooke said...

Love the making your own freezer lunch idea. I need to start doing this for dinner anyway- making it and freezing half. I have had the pans for months now- and have used 2 of them I think- but I will get down to business.. right as soon as we get back from California! I'm glad things are so great for you- and happy bus travels!

Emily S said...

I read this a while back, but never got to commenting . . . I have a friend who totally got through college this way. She would remove them from their containers and put them in freezer bags or heavy duty foil after a day so that all of her tupperware wasn't frozen.

Anna said...

Emily that is a great tip! Thanks

Blog Widget by LinkWithin