Thursday, January 22, 2009

Valentine's is coming (Joe don't read this)

Seriously Joe, you can read this in like 3 weeks.

For the rest of you....

Have you started planning your 14 days of valentine's? I've been mentally planning it for a while and with my husband working late tonight, tonight is the perfect time to finalize my plans.

So here's what I'll be doing--all photo credits go to Martha Stewart. Feel free to steal the ideas, I stole most of them myself. You can see other good ideas at these other blogs here and here.

Read on for some budget friendly and adorable valentine's ideas. I'm so so so excited.

Day 1: 18 months since we wed, 18 reasons I love you (February 1st will be exactly 18 months). I'll just make a simple card on pretty paper with a numbered list. He'll love it.

Day 2: Just the two of us---formal invite to dinner on valentines complete with a menu....mouthwatering deliciousness. I don't know what I'm making yet...but it will be good. Suggestions?

Day 3: This valentine wheel is too charming not to do. You can get the template here...gotta love that Martha.
Day 4: A framed picture of us for his desk at work...I can't believe he doesn't have one yet!

Day 5: Molten Chocolate Cakes. Joe works late on Thursdays so it'll give me plenty of time to bake these and have them come out of the oven warm right when he gets home at 8:30.

Also, Joe's a total choco-holic and I've been wanting to make these for ages. The recipe here calls for mocha but I'll just omit that. I like this recipe because it only makes 2---thus, I won't have bunches sitting around tempting me.


Day 6: Six love notes on post its hidden in various places (rear view mirror, laptop, on his lunch tupperware, on the bathroom mirror, etc...). Oh an by love notes I mean cheesy valentines things like what you'd see on conversation hearts.

Day 7: Breakfast in bed...I'll think of something witty later, but look how cute this is.


Day 8: Breakfast in bed again...lucky you! Pancakes and strawberries too.

Day 9: Shhhhh, it's a secret...."If you want to know how I really feel wear these special glasses
and fl ip this card to reveal..." (Joe will thing this is especially nifty....he likes tricks, codes, games and all that fun stuff). The red cellophane glasses make it so the message is visible. Read instructions here with links to the templates here, here, and here.

Day 10: Time to RELAX. For one of the hardest working men I know...a coupon for a 1/2 hour massage. Lucky Joey. I'm going to make put the message about the massage in this cute card.


Day 11: I'm so fortunate to have you. I want to make a few of these cute felt fortune cookies and write some adorable things about our future....we like to dream about our future so I'll try to write some of them down and put them in these.

Day 12: I saw so many good cupcake and brownie ideas...I just can't decide which one to choose...maybe red velvet cupcakes because they'll be so cute. What do you think? Here are some ideas.



Day 13: I know sometimes I say you love your future iphone more than me, but I know that isn't true. Even so, lets go pick up your iphone tonight---8 days early! I love you! (It's his birthday present but he's been begging me to get it early....I'm going to surprise him with that. For now I'm going to play bad wife "No you can't have it til your birthday, it's a birthday present")

Day 14: Dinner with candles, tablecloth, dressed up. Still planning the menu.

Phew. so that took a long time, but I'm getting really excited. I can't even remember what we did last valentines. Thanks to Carrie for the idea and thanks to Martha for all the inspiration.

What are all of you planning?

12 little remarks:

Helena said...

Wow! This is amazing! I'm getting stressed just thinking about what you're doing to do anything myself.

Laura said...

my favorite part about this is #13. i love that you wont let him get his iphone early. didn't you buy yourself a coat for your birthday? early? naughty you!!! :)

Tannie Datwyler said...

Thank you for sharing the ideas!! I'm so excited to do this. . . I've never thought of doing something like this before. I haven't even planned mine out yet. BAD BAD! I've just been busy with my two kidos.

Brooke said...

I can't even handle how cute you are! I love it all! And I'm totally stealing ideas from both you and Carrie. I guess that's coming up pretty fast though, the first day of February is next week. Thanks for your inspiring list!

Kaela said...

This is the cutest!! What a lucky man you married... I am still debating on whether I am a good enough wife to want to do all this:) I am definitely inspired though!

Julie said...

I actually am almost done with "30 days of Birthday." DH turns 30 on the 30th of January, so it seemed appropriate for this year. Good luck to those of you doing it for Valentines!

Angie said...

I just want you to know b/c I saw this on your blog I'm doing it, my good friend is doing it, my sister is doing and my sister got like 2 of her friends to do it. I'm finalizing all mine tomorrow. I wrote cute poems for most of them etc. Oh ya and my sisters friend found instructions on how to fold dollar bills into origami hearts. Cool huh!

Anna said...

yay for the spreading of romance! Good relationships take work, i figure I might as well get in a good habit now....you'll have to blog about what you did, i'd love to see it.

Luthi said...

I too think this is darling and have convinced my mom to do with me. We are going to be on a cruise for a week during it so that made it harder and stevens birthday is the 13th so there was that too. but great idea anna!!!

graham and heather said...

Thanks for the wheel idea, I'm adding that to my list. I have used a lot of the ideas I saw on your cousin's(?) blog, thanks for linking to it. Happy Valentine's Days to you!!

Isabelle said...

SUPER cute idea! Hubby's birthday is February 13....I am doing it! 13 days of Valentine....FUN!

Frenchy chick said...

I am doing it too!!! Check my blog.
www.lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com
So much fun!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin