Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wedded Bliss

I'm feeling all nostalgic about my wedding today, for some reason. So if you want to relive it with me, or if you weren't there the first time around, lets reminisce (sp?) with some of my favorite photos...humor me. I love weddings and since I'm a research associate and not a wedding planner and I'm already married, I just have to enjoy reliving it every now and again. Since I can't replan it over and over.

Picking a wedding dress....such a hassle for so many, but didn't have time to go to 50 bridal stores looking for the perfect dress (on a budget). I found one I liked and stopped looking and it really was beautiful. Sparkly and unique--I've only seen one other bride with one like it and she reads my blog and now we're friends (I heart you Emily).


The ceremony at the temple was wonderful and amazing and the most perfect part of the whole day. Really, it's indescribable and I loved it. And I love this picture even if the sun is shining right in our faces. And I like this picture because I like girlfriends and my flowers look fab, oh and I look skinny.
Speaking of flowers, can you believe the perfection that is this bouqet? The only thing that would make it more perfect would be if it had peonies...but woe is me they are unable in August. Sigh.


I really liked my dress...and for a girl on a budget how can you beat $425...


but I confess, I get a little sad when I think about this gown and how illogical it was for a hippy girl like me to not get an empire waist---oh well it would have cost twice as much.

Since I didn't spend as much on the wedding dress I got to spend more on our reception site...which was absolutely beautiful. Couldn't have been any better.


I knew photography was the most important thing...and so we splurged a litte. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out....kind of a perfectionist. I love love love our engagements. I'm very happy with our bridals/groomals (though Joe forgot to shave, which makes me crazy). The wedding day photos are fine...but a little overexposed in some shots. All around I'm glad we have a few really amazing shots, like this one below that we can frame and adore for years to come. And the videographer was great and the reception was lovely (though I do wish we'd danced...) and our guests were lovely (and we loved seeing you all!). I hear the food was good--I didn't get ANY, not ANY except wedding cake---but man the spread was beautiful. And we stayed at the Stein Erickson to kick off our wedding night...I still dream about the luxuriousness of that hotel and we are definitely going back for an anniversary, hopefully sooner rather than later.

All in all it was a beautiful day. And most importantly I ended up with a man that I love, a lot. He's wonderful to me and so so funny and just all around amazing.

So what do you think? Do you like it? Do you love it? Do you hate it (don't tell me)? What did you love love love about your wedding? Do you like looking at other people's wedding photos as much as I do? Tell me all, I love to hear it.

4 little remarks:

*Liese said...

Oh, I loved my dress as well! I am lucky/blessed that my mom is a sewing CHAMP and made my dress just as I envisioned it in my head; she's ridiculously talented. That definitely helped out in the budget department because--well--my whole ensemble was less than $150.

I agree with you about 38593% that the temple ceremony was the BEST part of my wedding! I officially love going to other temple ceremonies now so I can secretly relive my day...I got married the first weekend of Spring Break and wasn't ALONE, so things didn't go quite as smoothly as we'd hoped, but it wasn't bad. We spent nearly an hour waiting for our ceremony to begin in the Celestial Room--very special, but at the same time, I was beginning to think it wasn't supposed to happen and such. Humorous anecdote: I made it all the way to said room without long sleeves. I was "heavenly attacked" by cute little ladies who swept me away back to the dressing room. Even funnier, Darrin thought I wasn't coming back because it was taking so long--seriously, it took another twnty minutes-half hour to remedy that problem (and I have a slight history of not being 100% reliable with engagements, so he had reason to fear).

Your flowers, pictures, and reception site ARE GORGEOUS! I looked at Le Jardin for ours, but it already had two bookings and three wait listers. I, therefore, couldn't set my heart on it. I went with the new Cactus & Tropicals in Draper and definitely weren't disappointed. Oh, and I only got cake at mine too.

I wish I'd done a better job at letting my photographer (Charity Parks) know what types of photos I wanted. I see really neat, artsy ones of people now and think, "Man! I want one like that!" I did tell my sister (she's getting married in June) to write down the pictures she wants so her photographer can work it out for her!

I'm so glad you posted about your wedding! I must admit, I love weddings too. Looking at people's wedding photos is one of my very favorite things.

Kacey said...

i love looking at other people's wedding pics.

i have to admit...i used to be a snob about other people's weddings. i know...i'm a horrible person. i used to just think..."that's so cheesy" or "HOW could they have chosen THAT?!" but then i planned my own wedding...and it's expensive and difficult to have everything just how you envisioned it.

the day before my wedding, i stopped by my reception center and everything was great...except for the flowers. i had asked for yellow roses with orange tips, deep blue delphinium, and orange gerberas...and got PEACH roses with yellow tips, and YELLOW and orange gerberas, and LIGHT blue delphinium. i only wanted a hint of yellow, because i don't actually like yellow that much...but i like how it looks with blue and orange. it just wasn't how i had pictured it. i was a little sad for a few minutes, but then i was too excited to be getting married to care!

ti realized that, yes, it's fun to plan a wedding and make your dreams a reality. but it's not the colors or the food or the clothes that are most important...it's the marriage!

besides, my sealing ceremony was amazing...that was the happiest i had ever felt.

plus, i LOVED my dress--the first one i tried on. i only tried on 3 or 4 others. within an hour i had money down on it.

so...long story short, i've learned to love my own and other people's weddings for what they are--even if they aren't my style or everything isn't perfect. it's one of the happiest days in a person's life...what's not to love?!

Shirlene said...

I LOVE to hear about peoples weddings, see their pics.....as well as engagement stories. I've learned that's a great subject to work into conversations, if you don't have a lot in common with someone. People ALWAYS seem to like to talk about how they met or got engaged.
Your pics are beautiful, and I love your dress and flowers too. (So where were Matt and I, I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember your wedding at all, or even seeing an invite??? How lame are we:)?
But I have to tell you something.....we absolutely love our new neighbors! They're pretty excellent, and fun to hang out with!

Dibble's said...

Anna, have I told you lately how I much I love you?! You're so stinking cute! I love love love thinking about my wedding! And I must say yours was beautiful! Your dress is incredible! I love the buttons on the back and I love your flowers too. I, like Aliese, almost did Le Jardin and sometimes I wish that I would've because I got married in the winter and wanted a garden themed wedding so badly! But instead I spent the extra money on my photagrapher instead. Who did your pictures? I think they turned out great but I want to see a close up of the fromt of your dress now! thanks for posting about your wedding, it made my day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin