Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I went on a cleaning rampage...

so now my kitchen and living room area are much more liveable...though still a work in progress. If the dishes were done it'd be nearly perfect.

These two photos are all you get today...because, lets be honest, we moved in a month ago but our bedroom and the office are still rather disastrous looking. But work has been crazy, and we went out of town, and my brother had a birthday, and I can't remember what else, but there has just not been enough time. Either that or I've been lazy. But I am making little progress every day.

So here's the stuff that's looking good.

I love this bookshelf. Thank you dad and grandma and grandpa for the birthday and Christmas money. The only problem with this bookshelf is that it can easily look very cluttered. And it's only taken a year, but I'm finally getting around to this little project. If only I could find the perfect paper....in the right shades of pink and green.

Speaking of green: the mirror below is one I bought right after the moving van and then I didn't like it and now I really like it again, so it's hung for the first time.

So it's feeling a lot more like home around here. We love it. We wish we could stay forever and never move again.

Posted by Picasa

9 little remarks:

Rachel said...

I have those same shelves in my living room. Looks good!

Jess said...

Your bookshelf looks awesome! You are so cute and creative. I can't wait to see more pictures of your place.

Mardi and Jeremey said...

I have always loved that style of shelving. I hate how fast my shelves get cluttered. It really drives me nuts. I do like what your planning though.

Emily S said...

Why can't you stay forever and never move again? Looks great!

Brooke said...

It looks great, definitely not cluttered. I was looking at those shelves for awhile as a storage solution for Jack's baby room, but we decided there wasn't really room for it. Good job- moving is such hard work!

emily said...

love love love!

lilliandcrew said...

Cute!!

Steve Weller said...

I absolutely love that bookshelf, and when we get into a place of our own where we don't HAVE to have the entertainment center in the living room (which I absolutetely loath) I will put up something like that. I'll just have to put stuff on the bottom half that doesn't mind getting pulled off by little hands.

Anna said...

Steve--we're planning on putting baskets on the bottom, the ones at Ikea that are the perfect size and fill up the whole box. That would be a really great way to store toys...or diapers...or other kid stuff that's nice to have on hand but can look cluttery.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin