Monday, February 9, 2009

Totally Behind: 14 Days of Valentines-- Days 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10

You wouldn't believe it, but I fell totally behind. We went to a cabin over the weekend and it totally threw off my groove. I was going to prep the little gifts ahead of time, but it just didn't happen. So tonight Joe is getting 3 little items and 2 tomorrow!! Lucky him.

Day 6: A framed picture of us for his office. So cute! I used these photos.


Day 7: An invitation to dinner on Saturday. :) We are having steak, potatoes, vegetable and some sort of dessert (as yet, undetermined). (Note: if you haven't planned your dinner yet, New York Strip steak is 4.49 a lb at Smiths...does anyone have any great tips for cooking the perfect steak? We don't have a grill....)

Day 8: The secret message valentine. It really is adorable.

Day 9 & 10: Okay I don't really have the supplies to do any of my other items today....instead I'll make Joe breakfast tomorrow morning and hide little notes all over the house for him to find throughout the day. :)

So I have totally abandoned my schedule....I'm not perfect, I'll plan better next year, but the point is that Joe is feeling really special.

3 little remarks:

Emily S said...

Joe doesn't know your schedule, so it doesn't matter when you do things. He's probably thrilled you're doing this, you're awesome!

Painty (aka Melinda) said...

That is so sweet! What a great idea to show your affections and spread out the Valentine joy.

Scarehaircare said...

ALton Brown has the BEST panfried steak recipe on the food network site. As for dessert might I suggest individual double chocolate trifles served in cute glasses: chocolate pound cake, dark chocolate custard, whipcream, fresh berries and shaved chocolate on top with a chocolate dipped strawberry and mint sprig for presentation. Let me know if you need more details for recipes.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin