Saturday, February 21, 2009

What's Your Style...

I have a hard time identifying what style I'd like my dream home to be. The closest I can come to is "Pottery Barn Catalog" but sometimes that's too fussy for me. So maybe it's Pottery Barn meets Better Homes and Gardens with a splash of modern Ikea-ism.

Like I said, I struggle to describe what I like. But I know it when I see it.

This quiz was fun and I'd say the results were fairly accurate.

My results say that I am

44% Cottage Chic (true, I do always like the cottage look in Better Homes...)
33% Nantucket Style (I watched a lot of "This Old House" on PBS when I was a kid---come to think of it, is that weird?---anyway, I wanted to move to Nantucket. Still kind of do. But I might settle for a Nantucket-ish house at Daybreak here in Utah)
23% French Eclectic...whatever that means

And apparently Cottage Chic can be defined as:

Who says that cottages can't be modern and chic? Who says that they have to be floral and cheesy? Not you!

You love the carefree spirit that the cottage interior inspires, but you are also serious about your appreciation for modern art and hip treasures. You love old and new alike, and love to highlight them all to expose the uniqueness of each. What better way to show off these treasures than with a light background?



Take the quiz, it's fun, really.

5 little remarks:

henderson said...

Well, apparently I don't have a style. I'm 1/3 traditional country, 1/3 nantucket style, and 1/3 wine country style. Where is craigslist/garage/hand-me-down sale style?!?

emily said...

Loved it!

I was 36% cottage chic
36% Zen style
28% Nantucket Style

So fun!

Tannie Datwyler said...

I do blog about what I like. . . hence the posts about my kidos. I also want to start writing other things though, because I'd like to interest myself more. The Maven comment was just because I thought that was fun. I read what she wrote about you and I quite agree. :)

emily said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new background. So cute!

Kacey said...

love the colors of your blog! nice choice.

1/3 hollywood couture
1/3 contemporary
1/3 cottage chic

not surprising...i love contemporary touches and bright colors (although the hubby likes to keep things a bit more subdued), but i still want it to feel home-y.

i have also started to figure out what i want in a house as far as a floor plan. i've decided i'm not a fan of the formal living room and separate family room. i'd rather have a big great room with a place for the tv and couches with a separate sitting area by a fireplace or something. no one uses living rooms. at least my family never has...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin