Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Good Reads

I read the book "The Hunger Games" in roughly 2 days. I was totally engrossed and now can't wait for the next book to come out. And I was reminded why I love reading so much. When I was in elementary and middle school I read like a maniac. Then I got busier in high school and college and read less (though always made time for Harry Potter).

So after several friends invited me to join Good Reads I finally did. It's good to get book suggestions and have a place to keep all my "to read" books listed. There's a widget in the sidebar if you want to see my book list (though I haven't spent that much time fleshing it out yet) and I'd be happy if you wanted to be my Good Reads friend. :)

Thanks again for all the book recommendations. I'm really excited to get back into a reading habit.

3 little remarks:

Alex and Katie said...

The Pillars of Earth is another good book.

so is War and Peace- that'll keep you occupied. You're going to wonder where a week of your life went.

Anonymous said...

random comment: but enjoy reading your blog and came across some other blogs you may enjoy:

http://realliving.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?ID=772407

:)

madison said...

Um I am kinda thinking that this whole getting into reading deal may not be such a good idea as it seems to have taken priority over blogging. I really enjoy your posts and miss the frequent updates! Or maybe you are just still on your trip and have no internet or something in which case, I guess books are an okay thing....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin