Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I like a good project...I can't help myself

So, although I should spend my spare time unpacking those extra boxes in the office....or tackling the giant pile of clothes in my bedroom, I'll be spending this Saturday sewing this bag instead.

Mine will be in this fabric, which I love. And I have plain very dark brown fabric for the lining. I'll also cover the handles of the bag in this print so it'll blend in more cleanly. The print is really bigger than it looks here.
...and as for those chairs. I'm still debating. I really like this print, which is part of the reason I bought it for the bag, so I could drape it over the chair and contemplate whether or not I should go for it. I'm still having a dilemma over whether I want a crazy bold print like this or whether I want to do a boring old versatile upholstery fabric. I just feel like I'm always so boring with my home decorating choices....

So what do you think? Bold pattern (not necessarily this one) or regular boring upholstery fabric with more interesting pillows? The indecision is killing me.

5 little remarks:

Felicity said...

I'd vote for the "boring upholstery" and interesting pillows. I just LOVE a good interesting pillow.

*Liese said...

Bold pattern. HANDS DOWN!

Miryam said...

Boring fabric, bold pillows. As someone who has seen a room painted entirely in magenta, I think bold is best as an accent. How are you?

Anonymous said...

Just be sure you use upholstery grade fabric - bold or boring - so that the fabric wears well, doesn't fade, and holds its shape. Otherwise you will have spent more time debating your choice than the fabric will hold up. Keep us posted!

Shirlene said...

Fun purse project! As for your chairs, I'd have to vote for a neutral, upholstery grade fabric. Black or dark brown. Then add some fun, bright pillows to the chairs. Ikea has some great, bright, funky pillows. A bold fabric on your chairs you might get sick of. But pillows you can change regularly, and switch out for different colors, depending on your mood or the season. That's my vote! Your room can still look fun and bold with your pillows and other accessories that you use!
Hey I'm game for jogging. When did we say we'd start? I better start practicing by myself so you don't get impatient with my speed:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin