Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm a girly girl....

Which is why I'm completely overwhelmed by the fact that Joe and I have been asked to plan the monthly pack meetings for 40 little boys ages 8-10. That's right, I have to plan an activity to entertain 40 boys for 30 minutes every month. And the people whose spot we are taking were apparently amazing which makes it that much more overwhelming to follow a good act.

If this doesn't sound overwhelming to you, do you want to come throw pack meeting? Or if that won't fit in your schedule do you want to share some brilliant scouting ideas? It looks like I'll be doing a little more researching fun activities for elementary school aged boys and a little less time doing crafts (but only a little less time, lets be serious).

Joe thinks cub scouts will be fun. And I must admit I'm much less freaked out since he will be helping me.

Anyway that's what's new with me. I'll be back today or tomorrow with a post on Joe's birthday party, which is on my list of 104 in 104. I haven't done a 104 post in a while, but there are several items there in progress.

7 little remarks:

SanniD said...

Just know that almost everyone feels overwhelmed and out of their element with their callings. That's how you know it was inspired! We become even more amazing the more we are out of our comfort zones. Good luck! You'll do just fine. Perhaps you'll have a house full of your own little scouts someday and this is just the prep work!

Emily S said...

No, I do not want to throw a pack meeting, thank you! All I can say is good luck, I have less than zero advice besides 8-10 year old boys are not that hard to please. Thanks for the therapy, by the way!

Christie said...

GO TO ROUNDTABLE! I am serious! They will give you everything you need to have/know/do for the next month's Pack Meeting. Those people are crazy-excited about scouting and have wonderful ideas. It is totally worth an hour each month for someone else to tell you their great ideas!

If you do not know when/where Roundtable is, call your Charter Organization Rep (usually a counselor in the bishopric) --boy, can you tell I have been in Cub Scouts for a loooooooooong time?! :)

*Liese said...

Oh, Darrin was Cub Master when we were first married (for all of like three months)! I usually do better with amazing ideas when I have a theme to go on...When you get that far, let me know and I'll see what I can think up! I do remember one pack meeting was all about bugs, so Darrin did some activities with the kids and I made those pudding/smashed Oreo treats with gummy worms in them. Another time, we were covering for a den mother and had to do something on nutrition and self-reliance, so we played The Price Is Right with just about everything in our pantry, then we did a little "shopping scavenger hunt" thing. For the activity, we whipped out my scrapbooking stuff and all the boys made coupon pouches for their moms.

Painty (aka Melinda) said...

yes, that sounds overwhelming to me! Good luck, you're a fun person, I'm sure you'll make it work. :)

Ariel said...

First off, you must remember that you and Joe are AMAZING, and I know you'll do a great job. Remember when you planned the turkey shoot on our holiday date? You could do that. I think that was so much fun. Best of luck.

Brooke said...

How funny, that's Eric's calling right now. You should pool ideas together! Except you have far more boys in your ward than we do. Good luck, I'm sure you'll both do great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin